Riesentöter Forums
AutoX+ Roadshow - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Autocross (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Thread: AutoX+ Roadshow (/showthread.php?tid=317)

Pages: 1 2 3

- STEVEMCMORN - 03-16-2007

pmajka wrote:
Quote:Things that might not have been addressed.

for 13 and 14th, what time is school
for 15 what time is auto cross

How does one register for school.
Hey Pmajka - my annoucement relates to autox roadshow only - as stated above ''Each month, I will add a new posting on the forum about the next planned roadshow event to provide directions, cost, registration times and any additional extra info.''

I need to confirm with SCCA when our specially created RTR only group will be running and will then draft Warminster annoucement - will probably do this with 2 weeks to go - keep your eyes peeled!

See Beth's annoucement about autox skool

- michael lang - 03-16-2007

Can hardly wait, unfortunately Giant stadium just way too far for me to go. I really like the ride up from D.C. to Hershey, Sunday morning leave my house usually about 6:00am, Rte 15 up through Gettysburg and into Camp Hill, what a fun ride. Look forward to seeing you guys in May.

- betegh9 - 03-17-2007

Mike!
I understand your dilema as far as long travels. Being in the Philly area, I have gone to Giants, Hershey and Cal Ripken stadium. the drive to any of these venues has been about 1.5 hours. I leave home about 7am. From the 3, Hershey has the best lot. Ripken is fun, specially when I won FTD and took the Chesepeak challenge trophy home one year. Giants Stadium is very large. The asphalt surface is not the best, but among Porsches, it is the best competition east of the Rockies. The only place I have seen more Porsches competing was at a Parade. As in all venues, once you get to know some people, and they notice you, you will find everyone, or almost everyone helpfull and friendly.

- michael lang - 03-18-2007

I used to go to Rosecroft Raceway with Potomac, the parking lot is extremely beat up and the neighborhood is not the most ideal, plus it is almost 2 hours around the beltway to get to (especially getting home from that place). I really like Hershey, I went to my first event there season before last and really felt welcomed by the CPA guys. The parking lot they use is huge, fast, & flat. I was originally planning on doing every event that was going to be at Hershey this year but I decided to give up a couple of events to try my hand at DE this season. Autocross has been a great training tool & I'm going to stay with it, some seat time is always better than no seat time.

- betegh9 - 03-18-2007

Mike! are those guys in Hershey ALL ACCOUNTANTS? Confusedhock:Big GrinBig Grin

Actually, I know a few of those guys quite well. I'm glad you will keep up with AX while doing some DE. I have been doing AX for more than 13 years with about 2 DE's per year. I like AX because it is the only competitive driving event that is SAFE and afordable to me. There are more people competing in this GRASS ROOTS motorsport than in any other. the more participants, the more I like it!

- smankow - 03-19-2007

betegh9 wrote:
Quote:Mike! are those guys in Hershey ALL ACCOUNTANTS? Confusedhock:Big GrinBig Grin
Nick, you make that sound like a bad thing

- betegh9 - 03-19-2007

smankow wrote:
Quote:betegh9 wrote:
Quote:Mike! are those guys in Hershey ALL ACCOUNTANTS? Confusedhock:Big GrinBig Grin
Nick, you make that sound like a bad thing

No, it's not that way at all. Mike wrote about the Central Pa PCA guys: "I went to my first event there season before last and really felt welcomed by the CPA guys." When I first read that, I had to go back for a second take.....My brain registered at first as ACCOUNTANTS.

So, Steve, are you interested in going on the ROAD SHOW? There is an AX this coming Sunday, and it is going to be NICE. Motorsports Northeast at Giants Stadium.

- smankow - 03-19-2007

I am a CPA and here's how I'll be spending my weekend [Image: yltype.gif] but I can't guarantee that I'll be has happy as the smiley guy.

Steve

- Graham - 03-22-2007

School information as the date gets closer:

http://www.phillyscca.com/solo2/flyers/2007/novice_school.html

-Graham

- betegh9 - 03-28-2007

I can't believe it! ONLY 5 people voted on the poll? How the hell can the club know what the members (around 1500) want to do?