Riesentöter Forums
GETTING YOURSELF AND YOUR CAR READY? - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Autocross (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Thread: GETTING YOURSELF AND YOUR CAR READY? (/showthread.php?tid=3688)

Pages: 1 2

RE: GETTING YOURSELF AND YOUR CAR READY? - betegh9 - 04-09-2014

(04-09-2014, 12:17 PM)981 S Wrote: From a beginners perspective, I am looking at the Warminster event and determining what I need to do to improve at Hershey. The biggest challenge for me was remembering the course, I was a bit overwhelmed by everything in the beginning and drew a complete blank right off the starting line. I intend to arrive at Hershey early just to get a couple extra course walks in. I am also setting up goals for myself. The first goal is to see the course, and not just dodge the cones that are in front of me. Second goal is improve my driving, getting better arcs, seeing Nick's key cones and run the course the right way. I'm focusing on the basics, you gotta get good before you get fast.

Just want to thank everyone for their help and support on Sunday, everyone's efforts were appreciated.

981S, and your name is? . What we want to do is to learn the course so you can drive it in your MIND. visualize the engine revving, lifting the clutch and having the car lunge forward. See the gates as you pass them and look ahead turn by turn. visualize all the turns to the finish, and you will have driven the course without actually driving it. Use landmarks and as many references to set pathways in your brain. Once you get the course down in your first run, it will be easier then to visualize and improve on the previous lap. looking forward to see you at Hershey.

RE: GETTING YOURSELF AND YOUR CAR READY? - betegh9 - 04-09-2014

Wirth!
we have a fast little RX-7. I like it more than my P car.

RE: GETTING YOURSELF AND YOUR CAR READY? - Big Ant - 04-09-2014

Since I'm no where near the limit of my car any upgrades are pointless. I'll try and kart as much as possible even though it's a completely different ball game. I just picked up ross bentley's speed secrets on iBooks so I'm gonna start reading that when I have a chance.

RE: GETTING YOURSELF AND YOUR CAR READY? - betegh9 - 04-10-2014

Oh, yes! Speed Secrets. I read them all, some twice and keep another as reference.

RE: GETTING YOURSELF AND YOUR CAR READY? - 981 S - 04-10-2014

Hi Nick,

I'm Anthony Verratti, I was driving the silver Boxster. Thanks for your help. I had a great time on Sunday, and I'm looking forward to Hershey.

RE: GETTING YOURSELF AND YOUR CAR READY? - betegh9 - 04-10-2014

Thanks Anthony, I find it hard sometimes to connect the car, driver and avatar name to one, so I apologize. Now that I can make the connection between the car, person and 981S, I will try to keep that in mind. Even though Hershey is a drive, we usually meet at the P. Camile service plaza just west of Downingtown on the turnpike. We arrive together at the site and compete as a group against Central Pa region. afterwards we go to an eatery to have snacks and a beer to celebrate our win against the others and smack talk about what we have done. It is a good time and we learn from each other. I wish Hershey was next weekend.