Riesentöter Forums
Driving Simulator for the PC - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Driving Simulator for the PC (/showthread.php?tid=390)

Pages: 1 2

- Darren - 04-10-2007

Queboss wrote:
Quote:Eric,

I have a friend who might have a 944 motor. Let me know if you're interested and I can ask him about it.
I thought you had everything but a motor Smile Sounds like you need that motor!

- catchacab - 04-10-2007

I need that motor!!!

Please ask on my behalf.

- Darren - 04-10-2007

catchacab wrote:
Quote:I need that motor!!!

Please ask on my behalf.
Won't an LS1 fit in there? That will fix the problem.

- Queboss - 04-10-2007

He wants $800 for it and he has 15" & 16" rims also. He lives in NJ. Lemme know.

- catchacab - 04-13-2007

Winnie,

You have a message.

-Eric

- smankow - 04-18-2007

Darren, now that tax season is winding down, I'm revisiting this thread and have a few questions.

1. any compatability issues with PS2 wheel onto PC?
2. what is the cost to download other tracks?
3. without reading the forum that you linked, how do you find and download tracks?
4. how does this compare with GT4?

can you bring it down to Shenandoah next weekend?????

Steve

- Darren - 04-19-2007

smankow wrote:
Quote:Darren, now that tax season is winding down, I'm revisiting this thread and have a few questions.

1. any compatability issues with PS2 wheel onto PC?
2. what is the cost to download other tracks?
3. without reading the forum that you linked, how do you find and download tracks?
4. how does this compare with GT4?

can you bring it down to Shenandoah next weekend?????

Steve

There are no compatibility issues with the PC. You do need to download the Logitech Gaming Software. Install that before hooking up the wheel. The version you need is 4.60 and is located at this link:

http://tinyurl.com/392bzy

Additional tracks are totally free, I'll put together a list of tracks that I've gotten to work and throw them on a web page.

The graphics are not as good as GT4, but the ability to download tracks definitely is an advantage.

I'll see if I can run it from my laptop, if so, I'll bring it down to Shenandoah.

- Tony356993 - 04-19-2007

Thanks Darren! I'm no video game guy but I'm going to give it a try if you have some of the tracks we run that I could download.

- Darren - 10-11-2007

Old thread, but I thought I'd give an update....

I've had a great (non-virtual) track season this year so not much need for me to drive in GTR2 (PC-based racing simulator).  GTR2 is a PC game that requires a half-way decent PC, half-way decent video card, and at least a $60 Playstation 2 driving wheel / pedals (this is what I use).  GTR2 allows people to make their own tracks (people with more time than sense), so many can be downloaded from the Internet.  Events can be created by anyone on the Internet at any track they chose -- typically they consist of practice, race, and qualifying.

About 2 weeks ago, however, I went online to see if there were any new track updates.  It turns out that (thanks to geeks everywhere) there are now updated versions of VIR, The Glen, Limerock, etc....These ones specifically are all very nice!

The game also lets you design your own cars, wait until you see my Reisentoter sponsored 997 Cup Car sponsored by Track Ho Racing.  As soon as I figure out how to capture video I'll post a fast lap Smile

I've been having fun with The Glen.  Though the boot is arguably the most fun part though a few guys on the Internet like to run the Nascar config, and wow is that fast.  In any case, Watkins Glen is very well done in the game, and the full course would be a great practice resource for anyone who wants to learn the track, brush up, or just have fun.   VIR is equally as well done.  There are links to download tracks and additional cars at www.nogripracing.com

I also downloaded an interesting Pocono configuration, where it's basically 2/3 of the tri-oval and then an infield cut-over....very odd, but it seems authentic....

It seems like a lot more people read than post, so if you have this game, or interested in trying it, let me know Smile