Riesentöter Forums
Pocono confirmation - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Pocono confirmation (/showthread.php?tid=422)

Pages: 1 2

- Wally - 04-10-2007

Tony356993 wrote:
Quote:
Quote:I'm in for Friday, Saturday and Sunday....after Tuesday and Wednesday at The Glen with Cups & Saucers. Should be a great week.
That only gives you Thursday to get the car re-teched. Wally-make sure his tech form is dated May 17th. Big Grin

Now I know why he volunteered to pick up the "dog nuts" and coffee for the upcoming tech at Holbert"s.Cool

- smankow - 04-10-2007

correct me if I'm wrong, but don't we have a safety tech scheduled for "Cinco de Mayo"?  That's within the proper timeframe for a tech inspection for both events. Cool

- smankow - 04-10-2007

Wally wrote:
Quote:Now I know why he volunteered to pick up the "dog nuts" and coffee for the upcoming tech at Holbert"s.Cool

I volunteered for donut duty since there are several donut places that are much better than DD near my house. And, I was hoping that it would get me onto a bay that much quicker

- pnolan - 04-10-2007

I'm in for Sat and Sun.  Will be my first time at Pocono.

- Phokaioglaukos - 04-11-2007

smankow wrote:
Quote:correct me if I'm wrong, but don't we have a safety tech scheduled for "Cinco de Mayo"? That's within the proper timeframe for a tech inspection for both events. Cool
I think the idea is to check that one event has not caused a problem before you do the next event, not that I've seen that in the rules. When you do tech for the first event just bear in mind that you'll be on the track more days than typical before your next tech, so brake pads, discs and the like should be in good enough shape to go the distance.

- Brian Minkin - 04-11-2007

Phokaioglaukos wrote:
Quote:smankow wrote:
Quote:correct me if I'm wrong, but don't we have a safety tech scheduled for "Cinco de Mayo"? That's within the proper timeframe for a tech inspection for both events. Cool
I think the idea is to check that one event has not caused a problem before you do the next event, not that I've seen that in the rules. When you do tech for the first event just bear in mind that you'll be on the track more days than typical before your next tech, so brake pads, discs and the like should be in good enough shape to go the distance.
Things can happen to a car when its pushed hard on the track. Exhaust mounts and sway bar mounts can crack. Oil and coolant leaks can develope. Tie rod ends or CV joints can go bad. (The list could go on and on) After a two or 3 day event it is best policy to go over the car before it goes back out on the track. No its not in the rules but it is the kind of courtesy one would expect to keep you and other drivers safe on the track. By the way, brakes and discs should be checked each day.

- Wally - 04-11-2007

Phokaioglaukos wrote:
Quote:smankow wrote:

Brian is right. If you tech your car on the 5th it will be for one DE only. You WILL have to have your car teched again to do the Pocono event. Those of you who will be affected by this see me at the Holbert's tech. I'm sure something can be arraigned.

Wally

- Tony356993 - 04-11-2007

Thanks Wally for clarifying!

It just makes sense to have the car checked before each and every event.

- Al996 - 04-13-2007

I'll be there for Fri, Sat & Sun.

Al Burk