Riesentöter Forums
Autocross Challenge Cup: Race #6 - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Autocross (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Thread: Autocross Challenge Cup: Race #6 (/showthread.php?tid=4305)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Autocross Challenge Cup: Race #6 - betegh9 - 08-17-2017

(08-17-2017, 04:36 PM)dud1yboys Wrote: Wow thanks everyone for the information I will look into that now. One other question is a helmet necessary and if so what do you recommend?

For this event they have loaner helmets but you may be sharing someone else's sweat. Best is to go to a shop that sells SA 2015 helmets, this way you will be good for the next 10 years.

RE: Autocross Challenge Cup: Race #6 - dud1yboys - 08-17-2017

(08-17-2017, 05:01 PM)betegh9 Wrote:
(08-17-2017, 04:36 PM)dud1yboys Wrote: Wow thanks everyone for the information I will look into that now. One other question is a helmet necessary and if so what do you recommend?

For this event they have loaner helmets but you may be sharing someone else's sweat. Best is to go to a shop that sells SA 2015 helmets, this way you will be good for the next 10 years.

Fantastic thank you!

RE: Autocross Challenge Cup: Race #6 - DonE2014 - 08-18-2017

Yes, Helmets are required. The Philadelphia SCCA typically has loaner helmets, but it is not guaranteed. Here is an excerpt from the club rules for DE.

"Helmets
Only Snell 2010 & 2015 SA or M certified helmets will be accepted at our events. Any driver/passenger without an RTR approved Snell 2010/2015 SA or M helmet will be denied participation at RTR track events."

Hope that helps!

RE: Autocross Challenge Cup: Race #6 - 981 S - 08-18-2017

Yes Helmets are required. We are scheduled to run in the last heat, so I wouldn't expect there to be a problem with getting a loaner helmet from SCCA. Since there isn't much time to shop for a helmet before this event, I would suggest stopping at the sporting goods store and picking up a beanie to use as a helmet liner and just borrow one from SCCA. I wear a beanie under my helmet when it's hot, helps keep the sweat out of your eyes too. Hope to see you Sunday.

RE: Autocross Challenge Cup: Race #6 - 981 S - 08-19-2017

After a week plagued with one breakdown after another at work, why would Saturday be any different. I will be working tomorrow so that I will be able to work on Monday. Have fun and Good Luck.

RE: Autocross Challenge Cup: Race #6 - SomebodyDial911 - 09-05-2017

Here are the results for event #6. Sorry for the delay. Since I wasn't there, I may have inadvertently excluded some new folks. Please let me know if this is the case, or if anything looks off in the standings.

Event #6 Top 5:
1. Matthew W.
2. Robert N.
3. Jim W.
4. Carlo
5. Trevor N.

[attachment=4021]

Cheers,

D