Riesentöter Forums
Results for 9/3 AX? - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Autocross (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Thread: Results for 9/3 AX? (/showthread.php?tid=70)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Hammerin Hank - 09-14-2006

Geez, you Porsche people are slow.... [Image: 16_7_206.gif]   [Image: 10_1_106.gif] 

Thanks Terry! Great Job, as always.

- LouZ - 09-14-2006

Wow, second in my class (WITH 5, YES 5 OFF-COURSE). Looking at the results "Bocce's" time was pretty good!

- Wellardmac - 09-14-2006

...well, that just says that you're a lousy navigator, but can really move when you get your act together.

Tongue

- APXD 30 - 09-15-2006

9/3 was my first autocross event.   Do you know if pictures will be posted on the web?

- betegh9 - 09-18-2006

All Porsche members of RTR should be ashamed of themselves!!!

MORE X CARS THAN PORSCHES AT A PORSCHE AX EVENT?

- Hammerin Hank - 09-19-2006

betegh9 wrote:
Quote:All Porsche members of RTR should be ashamed of themselves!!!

Not all. Just the people that didn't show up. Aheim... [Image: 4_12_4.gif]

- Wellardmac - 09-19-2006

betegh9 wrote:
Quote:All Porsche members of RTR should be ashamed of themselves!!!

Yeah, we have to think of creative ways to motivate our 1300 members such that 60 of them decided to turn out for an event.... open to suggestions. Smile

- betegh9 - 09-19-2006

If we could get just 5% of yhe RTR populus, we would have over 60 participants.
what to do to atract members? Here are a few that has been proven that works: 1. create competitiveness. 2. Post scores as the drivers finish the run. a digital display would be great! and post scores after the run group switches. 3. Promote the event at meetings and other club activities. 4. Create challanges between track snobs(who think they know it all) and AX guys. or between water cooled engines against air cooled. 5. Instigate a group or person to try to beat another who has a similar car or HP/WEIGHT Ratio. Front engined against rear engined cars.....we'll split the 914's, boxters and Caymans in half. Maybe a 3 way battle making up teams.
So.....anyone for more ideas for the next AX chair (comitee!!). This is a JOB FOR A COMITEE! RIGHT?
I am one of the NNJR TEAM members to compete at the Zone 1 AX championship on October 7 and 8 In Mass. Even though we will be competing in individual classes, we will be a team with team shirts and vinyl logos on the cars since we want to take home the TEAM trophy besides individual awards.

- Brian Minkin - 09-19-2006

Looking at a historical perspective of Autocross attendance in our region even back when Nick was the chairperson and the events where held in Camdem we never have achieved more then 40 to 50 Pcars at an AX.  We have run point series, challenged other clubs and had a push to get the track guys to join us and still the number remained the same as to RTR participation.  I think we did hit 60 Pcars when the track guys came out to Penn State.  Looking at the current AX attendees most are also track people (not all) and even the track program only draws about 15% of the general membership.  Having Autocross this year on Holiday weekends did not help attendance either but the board knew this would effect attendence and voted to procede with the AX program regardless. Even at Valey Forge dates are hard to get where the full lot is available.

- STEVEMCMORN - 09-20-2006

I suggest the Girls with/from Hooters + free beer and chicken wings