Riesentöter Forums
Friday- Yuk! Saturday- Eh. Sunday - Great Fun! - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Friday- Yuk! Saturday- Eh. Sunday - Great Fun! (/showthread.php?tid=925)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

- ninjabones - 11-12-2007

Thanks to everyone for making my second DE as fun as the first (despite my first off-track experience on turn 9 Sad).  I'm now officially hooked... let the slippery slope begin.

Thanks Eric for staying calm during my spin and giving me directions that likely saved the car (and me) from suffering any damage (except my pride).

Thanks Jack for letting me run with you on the third session on Sunday... that was a pretty insane run.  5 Years in the air force with more than 1,000 flying hours in military aircraft, and that was about as close as I've ever come to hurling into my shirt.  Confusedhock:  That run definitely helped me run faster and smoother for my first solo run on Sunday afternoon. 

Lastly, enough with the sneering looks at my poor cab on the track... she performed beautifully, and will suit me fine while I brush up on my driving skills.  I'll reward myself with a coupe when I get out of the green run group (if ever).

Glen

- magnetic1 - 11-12-2007

It was a pleasure Glen.  I have your logbook tho.  PM me your address and I can mail it to ya!

- Tony356993 - 11-12-2007

Quote:Lastly, enough with the sneering looks at my poor cab on the track... she performed beautifully, and will suit me fine while I brush up on my driving skills.  I'll reward myself with a coupe when I get out of the green run group (if ever).

I thought you did a nice job out there. DO NOT modify your car in any way for the track. It is much too nice and not really the right car if you want to do this for a few years. Ask me how I know.......Wink

- jakp993 - 11-12-2007

ninjabones wrote:
Quote:Thanks Jack for letting me run with you on the third session on Sunday... that was a pretty insane run. 5 Years in the air force with more than 1,000 flying hours in military aircraft, and that was about as close as I've ever come to hurling into my shirt. Confusedhock: That run definitely helped me run faster and smoother for my first solo run on Sunday afternoon.
Glen,

I gotta admit, that wasn't the best ride to give you from an instruction standpoint Smile

What I'm supposed to do in that situation is to dial it back to say 80%, be perfectly smooth, drive the perfect line, be conservative with traffic , etc. What you got was a 90 - 95% run with trail braking, lots of car rotation, very close conditions, and four wheel drifts.

Oooops... I obviously got caught up in the moment. Guess that can happen to the best of us. Come back & see me next year for a proper instructional ride! Big Grin

Take care,
Jack

- Sechsgang - 11-12-2007

You mean as Bill how you know..haha

I thought your cab looked GREAT on the track and was probably one of the coolest cars out there sans V8 Vantage...

Vert DE cars are seriously cool...

- AMoore - 11-12-2007

Quote: 

What I'm supposed to do in that situation is to dial it back to say 80%, be perfectly smooth, drive the perfect line, be conservative with traffic , etc.  What you got was a 90 - 95% run with trail braking, lots of car rotation, very close conditions, and four wheel drifts.

Hey Jack,

Can I get one of those 95% rides at the next event?

- Sechsgang - 11-12-2007

if its straight out insanity you want, just ask Mark to give you a ride in the GT2...thatll make you rethink what you ate for lunch and how its going to feel on the way UP if your not used to that kind of power...haha

- Phokaioglaukos - 11-12-2007

I saw some improvement, too--about 2½ seconds faster than in August, down to a 1:25.119 on Sunday. I know I'm giving up some speed not shifting as much as I probably should, coming in to T3 and T9, but if I can hold more speed through the corners I might be able to step up to higher gears generally. Interesting to see my entrance speed in T1 at 46 mph and exit at 80 mph. T3 I'm getting in at 72 and out at 81. T5 in at 44 and out at 61. Carousel in at 38 (leaving speed on the table there) and out at 66. T9 in at 73 and out at 93. T10 in at 70 and out at 84 (more speed left there). On the straight I peaked at 143.46 mph. That's one lap. My theoretical fast lap time for that session, and emphasize the word theory here, was 1:23.368.

It's going to be a loooong winter.

- catchacab - 11-12-2007

jakp993 wrote:
Quote:What I'm supposed to do in that situation is to dial it back to say 80%, be perfectly smooth, drive the perfect line, be conservative with traffic , etc. What you got was a 90 - 95% run with trail braking, lots of car rotation, very close conditions, and four wheel drifts.

Oooops... I obviously got caught up in the moment. Guess that can happen to the best of us. Come back & see me next year for a proper instructional ride! Big Grin

Best quote of the weekend (from a BMW guy to me and Paul),

"You will never win a DE, but you can lose one."

[size=2]Tony, BTW nice avitarBig Grin

[/size]

- Sechsgang - 11-12-2007

i was reeeeeeeaaaaalllly tentative with pushing the lap times...I really didnt want to be lucky number 10 on the incident report "poster"...because of that, I wasnt able to post much better than a 23.2 in the later sessions...that said, I THINK i may have acutally run faster in the LAST session of saturday (suprisingly) but no DAS to prove it.

I really need to work turn 1...its just a real bear cause Chris was trying to help me with rotation and, my car, with its massive grip, doesnt want to without being seriously provoked...that will take some time for sure...