Riesentöter Forums
Der Gasser- Letter to Editor - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Porsche-Related Discussion (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=48)
+--- Thread: Der Gasser- Letter to Editor (/showthread.php?tid=1868)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

- asher681 - 09-20-2009

For the october meeting we are having a  drive & dine to the monthly (voting) meeting.  We are having a social/breakfast  & the meeting at the Bear Creek Ski & Spa resort . After the voting /business meeting we are attending their "octoberfest festival, Beer (Birch beer for you ) German food & plenty of social after the meeting...  Come on up to Macungie  PA for the fun..

Oct 17 will be the drive & dine to New Jersey Motorsports park & the MAW fundraiser... We are leaving the cracker barrel resturant in Plymouth Meeting at 9;30am ,(breakfast for those who wish is at 8am) arriving at the track around 11:30 for classroom instruction, parade laps  in your P-car & at 1:30 a 20 minute session in a instructors car...   

The track will close around 4:30 & we will be walking to the tracks Officers Club for the MAW dinner.....  Hope to see you 2 ..  Joe Asher Resentoter VP. 

P.S. the drive & dine/taste of the track & dinner is open to all, cost for the above $50.00

- asher681 - 09-20-2009

I almost forgot the time / date:  25 OCT 09 SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY  brunch/breakfast @ 10am,  meeting @ 11am

- Ccns23 - 09-20-2009

What an interesting thread. You wonder why some of us "newer" members don't attend the meetings as much anymore. All people have seemed to do over the past year is bicker and play politics. I, for one, don't have time for that nonsense.

But please, keep it up. It does make for some interesting reading.

- Wellardmac - 09-20-2009

ccm911 wrote:
Quote:Wellardmac wrote:
Quote:I don't drink, so the tour bit would be fun, but the wine less so.
Quote:Now THAT precisely explains Well'ard's cantankerous attitude!
In any case, welcome back to the forum. I too miss our long winded debates.

Hope you'll stick around.

Thanks! I've gotta admit that I've missed the discussion with you and Eric - they were enjoyable. Time is the most limiting factor for me right now. I'll get back into the swing of things eventually, but it might take a few months.

... then again, if you find the right discussion topic I might be compelled to join in. Smile

- asher681 - 09-21-2009

Bickering & politics has not been at the MEMBERSHIP meetings this year. I have tried to move them around the region & have  kept the topics interesting for 2009.

Feb:        Holbert's Porsche, PCNA had a demo on the new PDK transmission & had several PDK Porsches available for test drives. (We had a long line to drive them)(Doylestown PA)

March:   Dougherty's automotive, Vendor night  (West Chester PA)

April:  Tour Of Penske Racing, (Reading Pa)

May:   Knopf's Porsche: Patrick Long was the guest speaker (Allentown PA)

June:   C J's Tire, Michelin gave a demo of their products & raffled off a set of tires to a attending member !!! (West Chester PA)

July:   Possum Hollow  A class on detailing your p-car, very informative.  (Pheonixville PA)

Aug:  Lehigh Valley Gran Prix, go-karting, we all had a blast.  (Allentown PA)

Sep: Race Cars at A W E Tuning, unfortunatly it will be politics, it is the meeting were the membership nominates a 2d slate.   (Willow Grove PA)

Oct:   Bear Creek Ski Resort & Spa, Voting meeting  11am, at 1pm we will be attending their "Octoberfest" celebration,  German brews, food & music...     (Macungie PA, near Allentown PA)

As you can see things have changed, I invite you to come & enjoy the fun. For the Oct meeting,  rooms are available for sat night, indoor pool, sauna's & the "spa" for your guests on saturday, saturday evening..  We are meeting on saturday night for dinner @7pm, all are welcome..  Breakfast/ social  on sunday morning is at 10am, the business meeting starts at 11M come on up & vote, then enjoy some great BEER ........   Joe Asher, Resentoter VP

- emayer - 09-21-2009

Joe,

Thanks for the postings and awesome meeting agenda this year.  I was only able to attend one so far due to my crazy work schedule.  Seems to always get in the way of things....:X

I know this is off topic though more enjoyable!:

I finally am convincing my wife to join the dark side....  How do I register her for the MAW taste of the track event?  Do we use the existing form on the site?

Thx!

- asher681 - 09-21-2009

Eric, send me her info & I will arrange it..  Will she be leaving from the Craker Barrel in Plymouth Meeting  ?  Joe Asher  Resemtoter VP  asher681@hotmail.com or 215-669-6323

- catchacab - 09-21-2009

Wayne, 

Welcome back.  I am looking forward to your posts. 

Congrats, on the baby.  I guess you will now need to have an airbag off switch installed in the 911, so you may take all of the kids out with you.

E

- emayer - 09-22-2009

asher681 wrote:
Quote:Eric, send me her info & I will arrange it.. Will she be leaving from the Craker Barrel in Plymouth Meeting ? Joe Asher Resemtoter VP asher681@hotmail.com or 215-669-6323

Thx Joe!

PM sent. It'll be tough to get her out of the car once she experiences the track! :dude: