Riesentöter Forums
WGI Roll Call 8/1-3/2008 - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: WGI Roll Call 8/1-3/2008 (/showthread.php?tid=1255)

Pages: 1 2 3

- ninjabones - 07-29-2008

I know that at least a few of us will be enjoying some refreshments at the Seneca Lodge Bar.

Oh yeah, it looks like the ghetto 993 will be making an appearance after all.  The last needed part should arrive today (keeping my fingers crossed).

Maybe no-one will notice the epoxy and primer and gauged fiberglass and scraped body panels through all the race stickers (year right)

- Tony356993 - 07-29-2008

Quote:I will be there. Staying at the Hilton......and this is my first time at the Glen since i did it 4 years ago in my Infiniti G35.....should be interesting
With the exceptional instruction you will be receiving, you'll be just fine. Wink

Quote:Chris, pretend its the Miata and your foot will be down. Tongue You just got to have faith in turn two and the climbing esses.
It is a little easier (requires smaller you know whats) when you are driving a lower hp car. Ask me how I know.

Quote:Is there anything going on Thursday night? 

Seneca lodge - Dominic and I will be rolling into the lodge about 8pm after trailer drop off. Come one come all.
Quote:Or should us newbies just make sure we are there ready to roll Friday morning???

Soda's only for you!! Big Grin

- emayer - 07-29-2008

I'm a green newbie and joining you guys for the first time.  Can't wait!  Feel like a child before Christmas...

- Graham - 07-29-2008

pearlcoupeg35 wrote:
Quote:Graham wrote:
Quote:I'll be there, going up Thursday after lunch.

-Graham

El Vice Presidente

Is there anything going on Thursday night? Or should us newbies just make sure we are there ready to roll Friday morning???

Come up Thursday afternoon and enjoy the drive. Get to the Glen around 6'ish. Dinner is nice, either at the S. Lodge or in town somewhere. Good night sleep and then you are ready to roll in the morning. 2 min commute to the track. Turnpike and 663 in Q'town...the new Wawa...2:00...be there or be square.

-G

- Phokaioglaukos - 07-30-2008

Tony356993 wrote:
Quote:
Quote:Chris, pretend its the Miata and your foot will be down. Tongue You just got to have faith in turn two and the climbing esses.
It is a little easier (requires smaller you know whats) when you are driving a lower hp car. Ask me how I know.

Easy to say; hard to do. The Miata gas pedal is pretty much binary--WOT or nothing. With about 300 more HP I do some feathering, but I guess the fast guys don't!

There are new concrete patches in the esses on either side of the old patch. New picture coming into the esses. Note Jack's cautionary e-mail and take your time while you get used to it all again!

WGI is a wonderful track with a great flow.

- Darren - 07-30-2008

Tony356993 wrote:
Quote:It is a little easier (requires smaller you know whats) when you are driving a lower hp car. Ask me how I know.

I donno, assuming you still have to brake in a lower hp car, it's not that different. Actually sometimes it's worse, because sometimes you're flat telling yourself "don't lift don't lift" rather than modulating which I think would almost always cause you to lift a little more.

T4 at Summit and South Bend at VIR come to mind -- the Acura scares me a lot more than the 911 because I don't use the brake.