Riesentöter Forums
Well, my Koni Challenge race is finally here...THIS Sunday, Oct 5. Wish me luck! - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Well, my Koni Challenge race is finally here...THIS Sunday, Oct 5. Wish me luck! (/showthread.php?tid=1463)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- betegh9 - 10-02-2008

Deerhunter! I'm still looking for youTongueTongue CoolCool

I see that you have moved to bigger and better things........... Good luck! and may the force be with you.

Smile:dude::dude:

- Sechsgang - 10-03-2008

update 1...so the car is WAY WAY WAY softer than my gt3. The car also feels very heavy. There is some grip, but man, you are REALLY drifting the hell out of these cars around nearly the WHOLE track. Even some bumps on straights have to be corrected in the car (felt very wierd...) BUT...we found that something had gone pretty wrong in the rear suspension and fixed that at the end of the day. Hopefully tomorrow Ill run better. Cory and Ryan are great co-drivers and really great to learn from. Obviously the competition is nice and there are some great names running, so Im out there with the best. Well see what happens in qualifying tomorrow.

-Drew

- Terry - 10-03-2008

So like my car? Seriously.

- Sechsgang - 10-04-2008

maybe even a hair softer...its really wierd. That said, 2/3 of us really dont like the car setup that way, but we are learning to deal with it. (In 35 minutes with some off and on (shift linkage broke 4 times total, 2wice with Cory, 2wice with me), I dropped around 10 seconds. More time should be lopped off now as the suspension problem has been fixed.

-Drew

- Mark Fox - 10-04-2008

What is the reasoning for such a soft setup?  VIR is smooth aside from the compression bump at hog pen T-17.  Are they going soft in hopes of you saving a slide preventing a spin or will the car come in latter assuming a double stint on the same tires?

- catchacab - 10-04-2008

Drew,

Best of luck!!!

I wish I had the chutzpah to drive as well as you.

- Mark Fox - 10-05-2008

Smile  Congratulations Drew.  Finishing in 14 just 2.100 minutes back of the winning car is terrific for your first pro race.  Your team finished ahead of several big name drivers.  Looking forward to hearing about the details.

- bobt993 - 10-05-2008

Mark, your reading time & scoring wrong.  Time plus laps (3) is how that is read.  Drew, first and most important is finishing a 6 hour race.  Good job. Smile

- Sechsgang - 10-05-2008

Ill comment more on the whole thing sometime this week...but the car that I was in was by FAR the most ass backwards handling car I have ever driven. Cory and I both agreed on this fact and honestly, the fact that we didnt finish dead last is really a shocker. I think my DD has less understeer and roll than the koni car. That said, I was able to get some great time at VIR and with anything that even resembles a stiff car, I have NO doubt I can do some pretty interesting stuff with it (after having to use the lead-sled that I was using this weekend).

For what its worth..I got a total of about 40 minutes in the car before the race...and the shifter cables kept breaking (on multiple drivers). So I really am pleased that we finished where we did.

- Mark Fox - 10-06-2008

Quote:but the car that I was in was by FAR the most ass backwards handling car I have ever driven.

Confusedhock: Was there logic for the set-up or just a poorly run race shop, and if so are they reducing your cost on the next ride?