Riesentöter Forums
Harnesses - NJ Requirements - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Tech (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Forum: Ask the Tech Chair (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Thread: Harnesses - NJ Requirements (/showthread.php?tid=1985)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- bobt993 - 11-06-2009

Both, NASA runs DE and racing together.   I love the format.  When the DE guys are not driving they get to watch the wheel to wheel racing in our group.   Fun!!!

Beth,  I hope they cleared this up.  The Trooper interpreted the rule as a 2 year period.  This caused issues and you know arguing with a Trooper or Officer is not a good idea.  Hope you  guys have a good weekend.  5mph in the paddock!!!!     Bring the Trooper some cookies or dounuts.     Wink

- Darren - 11-06-2009

larrybard wrote:
Quote:Was the NASA event a DE event -- or racing?
Both -- they always are

- larrybard - 11-06-2009

I started this thread because I was going to De with Schattenbaum this weekend (and indeed am in Millville at this moment), and I have my answer -- so long as I am at NJMP for DE with RTR or Schattenbaum or any other club that only requires that harnesses be no more than 5 years old I'll be fine.  If I attended a NASA-sponsored DE with my current harnesses I might well have problems.  Thanks, everyone (especially TwentySix).

- Darren - 11-06-2009

larrybard wrote:
Quote:I started this thread because I was going to De with Schattenbaum this weekend (and indeed am in Millville at this moment), and I have my answer -- so long as I am at NJMP for DE with RTR or Schattenbaum or any other club that only requires that harnesses be no more than 5 years old I'll be fine. If I attended a NASA-sponsored DE with my current harnesses I might well have problems. Thanks, everyone (especially TwentySix).
I don't know how I can answer more clearly, this all has NOTHING to do with NASA.

- bobt993 - 11-07-2009

Darren wrote:
Quote:larrybard wrote:
Quote:I started this thread because I was going to De with Schattenbaum this weekend (and indeed am in Millville at this moment), and I have my answer -- so long as I am at NJMP for DE with RTR or Schattenbaum or any other club that only requires that harnesses be no more than 5 years old I'll be fine. If I attended a NASA-sponsored DE with my current harnesses I might well have problems. Thanks, everyone (especially TwentySix).
I don't know how I can answer more clearly, this all has NOTHING to do with NASA.
Larry, it is very important what Darren is saying: NJ Law for racetracks is actually being enforced independent of the DE groups safety rules. You may not even see a police presence. They may not bother you, but whether the group is NASA, PCA, BMWCCA etc, it does not matter as the State Trooper has authority at the track to enforce his interpretation of the State code. Hope you have no issues and a great weekend. BTW, there was another such thread on Rennlist that a racer at another NJ track (oval) was inspected and told he had to wear nomex underwear regardless of the fact he had a 3-layer suit on. Wink

- catchacab - 11-07-2009

bobt993 wrote:
Quote: BTW, there was another such thread on Rennlist that a racer at another NJ track (oval) was inspected and told he had to wear nomex underwear regardless of the fact he had a 3-layer suit on. Wink

I hope they assign a cute female trooper for our eventsBig Grin. Knowing some of the oval racers and their diets, I think that they would be better off wearing nomex underwear all of the timeConfusedhock:.!

Wally, who will be in charge of underwear inspections during tech?

- bobt993 - 11-07-2009

catchacab wrote:
Quote:bobt993 wrote:
Quote: BTW, there was another such thread on Rennlist that a racer at another NJ track (oval) was inspected and told he had to wear nomex underwear regardless of the fact he had a 3-layer suit on. Wink

I hope they assign a cute female trooper for our eventsBig Grin. Knowing some of the oval racers and their diets, I think that they would be better off wearing nomex underwear all of the timeConfusedhock:.!

Wally, who will be in charge of underwear inspections during tech?
Or worse yet. Who will be in charge for the inspection after a track incident. Confusedhock:

- JimWirt - 11-11-2009

Right now looking into the cheapest harnesses that I can find. I guess as long as six point and sfi approved they should be fine? Looked into re-webbing and that doesn't save you much. Maybe I'm cheap. My belts look like new too.

- Darren - 11-11-2009

What are your current belts stamped with?

- bobt993 - 11-11-2009

Jim,

Best bet is to look for sales at OG Racing or similar sites during the off-season.  The  FIA belts will expire after 5years and can be purchased at a huge savings (up to 70%) if the date is now 1 year older.  Basically new old stock.   This is very common and while supplies last a great deal. Smile