Riesentöter Forums
2012 Autocross Schedule - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Autocross (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Thread: 2012 Autocross Schedule (/showthread.php?tid=2906)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

- betegh9 - 02-18-2012

Arena,
For overall champ, you can't compare a dead stock '74 Porsche to a dead stock GT3, for example. That is why you have different classes. Look at the PCR, they have far too many classes for our purpose. Even though many clubs run an abbreviated PCR format.
Could we do an event where each driver puts in $35.00 in addition to the regular AX fee and gets 3 runs in the same car donated by Don Rosen Porsche. The names of entrants would be drawn from a hat to determine the driving order. The driver with the lowest elapsed time wins. Proceeds will go to charity. I would probably limit drivers to no more than 15, the poor car will get 45 runs then .....and toasted tires. This could be done for the Pocono AX or the Planes and Porsches event.
The car could be any that the dealer would like to lend for the day prepared with appropriate tires. We can promote DR Porsche by posting their banner or flag at all the events we go to in exchange of the loaner car.
What do you think, Hugh?

- Craigs*84 - 02-19-2012

betegh9 wrote:
Quote:Arena,
For overall champ, you can't compare a dead stock '74 Porsche to a dead stock GT3, for example. That is why you have different classes. Look at the PCR, they have far too many classes for our purpose. Even though many clubs run an abbreviated PCR format.
Could we do an event where each driver puts in $35.00 in addition to the regular AX fee and gets 3 runs in the same car donated by Don Rosen Porsche. The names of entrants would be drawn from a hat to determine the driving order. The driver with the lowest elapsed time wins. Proceeds will go to charity. I would probably limit drivers to no more than 15, the poor car will get 45 runs then .....and toasted tires. This could be done for the Pocono AX or the Planes and Porsches event.
The car could be any that the dealer would like to lend for the day prepared with appropriate tires. We can promote DR Porsche by posting their banner or flag at all the events we go to in exchange of the loaner car.
What do you think, Hugh?
I have my $35.00 set aside allready ...Smile

- NumeroUnoPA - 02-19-2012

Cool

Jon,

I agree with those who think 2 champions is too much.  I really think we need some class awards besides the one champ.  The more people we can get going in AX, the more classes. (Car Type, Mods, Sex, Experience)

:dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude:

- betegh9 - 02-19-2012

NumeroUnoPA wrote:
Quote:Cool

Jon,

I agree with those who think 2 champions is too much. I really think we need some class awards besides the one champ. The more people we can get going in AX, the more classes. (Car Type, Mods, Sex, Experience)

:dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude:

Dave!!!! You want to include SEX into the mix?Big GrinBig Grin

- arena - 02-20-2012

betegh9 wrote:
What do you think, Hugh?

lol- I'll see what I can do, but thats a bit of a stretch... I'm having a hard enough time getting the dealer to sponser anything.

Then again, if club members actively promote the dealership and help the dealership make money, it makes it pretty easy for me to make the argument that the club needs some perks ;-)

- arena - 02-20-2012

Lets table the class discussion for now while I'm finishing up the schedule. Then I'll make a proposal about what I would like to do this year with AX and get everyone's input.

- betegh9 - 02-20-2012

arena wrote:
Quote:betegh9 wrote:
What do you think, Hugh?

lol- I'll see what I can do, but thats a bit of a stretch... I'm having a hard enough time getting the dealer to sponser anything.

Then again, if club members actively promote the dealership and help the dealership make money, it makes it pretty easy for me to make the argument that the club needs some perks ;-)

Arena!
Just think......... You could advertise the car as the premier selected AX race car of Riesentoter, unique and only one of a kind. That car may be sold sooner than you think. Princeton Porsche did the same program for 2 years running. If they did it I am sure that it is chump change for Don Rosen.

- arena - 02-21-2012

betegh9 wrote:
Quote: Princeton Porsche did the same program for 2 years running. If they did it I am sure that it is chump change for Don Rosen.

Why do you think Princeton Porsche wasn't profitable and had to sell to Don Rosen Imports Confusedhock:

This business is tough- Its fun as hell, but there is not a lot of money in it.

- csmith74 - 02-21-2012

Don't let Nick push you...  he just wants to get his hands on a new car!  As for me, with over three times the HP I'd probably end up as the lead story on "Action News".  Confusedhock:

- betegh9 - 02-21-2012

arena wrote:
Quote:betegh9 wrote:
Quote: Princeton Porsche did the same program for 2 years running. If they did it I am sure that it is chump change for Don Rosen.

Why do you think Princeton Porsche wasn't profitable and had to sell to Don Rosen Imports Confusedhock:

This business is tough- Its fun as hell, but there is not a lot of money in it.

Ha! Porsche business is profitable to the owner of the dealership, maybe not to the sales staff. That is why they have the $$$$$ to purchase more dealerships.Big Grin