Riesentöter Forums
Thunderbolt DEC 10th!!!! - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Thunderbolt DEC 10th!!!! (/showthread.php?tid=3051)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

- Lainey - 11-30-2011

Eric, I can help with Tech - if the guys would let a girl help... Confusedhock:

- Brian Minkin - 11-30-2011

Lainey wrote:
Quote:OK... Steve's in after all.... I may drive a session or two in the Z06. This is one serious addiction, fellas!
Brake pads a early XMAS present. Big Grin

- Ben951 - 11-30-2011

Some newbie questions

1) Do we have a place to put tools, spare parts (bringing extra pads, etc), spare tire/jack, etc, that is out of the way, and relatively safe (is theft ever a concern?)?
2) Do we have a place to do things like a 'pad slap' or change a set of wheels?
3) Are we protected from the elements at all (car port style, etc?)
4) Would it be a bad idea to bring a woefully underpowered car? Besides giving point bys/signs to pass, would it be upsetting to other drivers to be constantly lapping some one? (I say this in case the 951 is not ready and I register for the event and bring my 'support vehicle')

- Ben

- CarreraS - 11-30-2011

E:

I'm in!!! Street tires and all!!!

Sending you a PM, too.

Take care,
David

- emayer - 12-01-2011

Outstanding!

See you then.

I will officially book the venue early next week once the weather forecast is better known....

- betegh9 - 12-01-2011

Ben951 wrote:
Quote:Some newbie questions

1) Do we have a place to put tools, spare parts (bringing extra pads, etc), spare tire/jack, etc, that is out of the way, and relatively safe (is theft ever a concern?)?
2) Do we have a place to do things like a 'pad slap' or change a set of wheels?
3) Are we protected from the elements at all (car port style, etc?)
4) Would it be a bad idea to bring a woefully underpowered car? Besides giving point bys/signs to pass, would it be upsetting to other drivers to be constantly lapping some one? (I say this in case the 951 is not ready and I register for the event and bring my 'support vehicle')

- Ben

1. Theft is not a problem usually. Everyone respects everyone elses stuff. Borowing and lending goes on and if you have a car problem, a bunch of people are willing to help.

2. NJMSP usually rents garages, but for this low key event, you have to inquire, of share a spot with someone else.

3. Garages...........

4.I am sure there will be underpowered cars (LeMons) with fast drivers. You just have to keep an eye on the rear view mirror and give point bys in a timely manner not to slow the others.

5. The goal is to have a good tome, test and tune........... not a race! Big Grin

- Ben951 - 12-01-2011

Thanks betegh9. I've been reviewing proper etiquette on point bys (and being slow in general). That's nice to know as I sit there with a Haynes manual and start replacing pads I may have helpful and inquisitive folks be willing to give pointers.

- emayer - 12-01-2011

UPDATE #2:

We are officially booked!

1.  Race fuel WILL be available up until 2pm.

2.  I have reserved the entire main paddock garage.

3.  Trailers can be dropped off the day before.

4.  Track open (hot) no earlier than 8:30am

5.  If attending as a guest/visitor/instructor please PM me details so that I can submit name.

We are at about 16 cars at this time.  I expect final cost to be no more than $400 all inclusive.  For those enrolled, I'll be sending out an email with the general plan, waiver and tech forms.

IMPORTANT:  Those requiring instructors (there aren't many) will need to make their own arrangements.  There are a few guests visiting that may be able to volunteer.

Hope for good weather!

- Ben951 - 12-01-2011

More questions from the new guy.

1) How does one know if they require an instructor? Regardless of this answer, should I be fortunate enough to have my vehicle returned to me, I would definitely request one. As per your post, how do I arrange this?

2)Should I not be able to get my vehicle returned to me, what is the cost of attending as a guest/visitor/general supporter? I could take some photos, maybe do a ride-along, and get more familiar with it all in prep for next year.

I think that's it for now. Smile

- emayer - 12-01-2011

Ben,

No cost to attend as a visitor, this is supposed to be a laid back and fun atmosphere- I encourage you to come!  There are plenty of attendees that I'm certain would give you a ride along. 

If you are not in PCA White group or above, you would require an instructor.  I'd suggest maybe searching for one here via the forum.  The reason for this change stems from the fact that the vast majority of drivers are experienced, and we will likely run as an open track format for most of the day.  Initially, we were limited in run group size which would have allowed separation of drivers based on experience.

My apologies if the above changes impact you negatively, but I think attending as a guest may actually be a better way to start out and acquaint yourself with DE.  One thing is for certain, the level of volunteerism and quality instruction within RTR is outstanding and you will find few clubs that can match this.