Riesentöter Forums
Tune up for Summit Point-Video - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Tune up for Summit Point-Video (/showthread.php?tid=419)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Brian Minkin - 04-07-2007

Phokaioglaukos wrote:
Quote:It was a fun event. Cold, but dry. I'm starting to like SP much more than I did before. It was fun to run with you in the last session, Brian.

Chris,

Summit is a great track other then its bumpy surface in 1 and 6. You can have a lot of fun in the upper run groups where trains are not routine and most of the drivers have good track awarness. I really enjoyed that combined session. When we had our own space they where some great laps.

- Tony356993 - 04-08-2007

Glad you guys had fun. Paddock safety is taken too lightly with drivers. I know I have my kids there at my own risk but an accident in the paddock is bs.

- Phokaioglaukos - 04-08-2007

Third time this driver decided he could not make T1 at SP and headed for the access road he found a ditch, went airborne and hit a tree while upside down. no airbags inflated, but he walked away just fine. Luck. Note, it was the THIRD time going for the access road.

- bobt993 - 04-08-2007

OUch!  Chris that is nasty.  I am glad he is okay.  Best option in 1 is continue to go deeper, trail the brakes and extend your brake zone.  IF your off then, it's kitty litter.

Don't veer left onto the access road!

- Mark Fox - 04-08-2007

Quote:Yes, he did, and I kept my distance from him, too. On the track and in the paddock
As did we all. Confusedhock: He was one to watch out for.  The AM started off by hearing the crunch of metal when he T-boned the boxster.  I heard he got out and said to someone she ran into me.  This statement provides some insight as to the mentality of this person.

I was 3 cars behind  him when he went too hard into one on the inside. this was do to forcing a late pass causing him to cross it up in front of 2 cars.  I also watched him make a late inside pass into T-4 without receiving a signal by the lead car. 

I believe the last event before Dan and Pete speaking to him involved us coming into T-8.  We could see a yellow and by the time we reached the flagging station the black was thrown.  He was all over my butt cresting the hill having missed both flags and coming out of 10 you could see the GT-3 off right,  so he passed me on the right.  Does anyone remember his number?  He is one to look out for in the future.  

Otherwise a fun event.  Always fun to have some RTR people at other events.  Lots of grip despite the cold temps, but at least the winds were minimal unlike VIR.  Thank you Brian for the warmth of your heated trailer. From what I could see looked like the RTR group did a little better than hold there own in the combined sessions.

- Brian Minkin - 04-08-2007

Mark Fox wrote:
Quote:From what I could see looked like the RTR group did a little better than hold there own in the combined sessions.

Considering that Summit is the home track to a lot of those drivers and they spend far more seat time on it then RTR guys, we certainly did show them how well we drive. I worked on 6,7,8 + 9 as my focal point for fall Summit last year and it really showed as that was where I could catch them and get the pass in the back straight, or for the less track aware the front straight. I was very suprised how many times I had to be agressive and get right up on other drivers, pull out and start the pass to get the passing signal. If I didn't get it I would back off but it seemed to almost always wake them up and get the signal. I have never had to be that agressive to get passes before. (Maybe I just don't have enough passing experience running with RTR Smile but I have learned to give early passes. Big Grin)

- Brian Minkin - 04-08-2007

Comments from Rennlist about Summit event: 

We were also cold at Summit, but the grip was good and winds minimal. The only snow related incident was some bone head in a race prepped 951 who brought the car in from DC and hadn't cleaned the snow and ice off his Lexan windshield. He T-boned a woman in a boxster in the pits. [Image: order.gif] Lots of black flags in advanced groups. Check out the RTR forum for more.

Otherwise a good event. Kudos to Schatenbaum for scheduling 5 runs per day! Clubs that run only 3 runs per day don't allow any cushion for Black flags, maintenance problems, arranging ride alongs and toooooooo much down time between run sessions imho.