Riesentöter Forums
Rate Watkins Glen - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Rate Watkins Glen (/showthread.php?tid=658)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Tony356993 - 07-11-2007

T9 corner worker had his back to me once and I saw the stream "shooting" over the railing. Very nice. Wink

- Mark Fox - 07-11-2007

Quote:[b]I agree the corner workers at the summit tracks arent the greatest, but it is entertaining to honk your horn as you pass the sleeping corner workers.  Tongue

Are you sure they were sleeping and hadn't just droped their pork rind? Confusedhock:  They are a little slow. I had a bad experience going into T-3 at a NASA event 2 years ago.[/b]

- catchacab - 08-07-2007

Since we were just there a bump to the top

- JIMK - 08-07-2007

catchacab wrote:
Quote:Since we were just there a bump to the top
I'd stick with GOOD vs excellent. I think SP is our best track, albeit rough. it has a good paddock, good straight to hammer it, connected corners to make me get it right, food & ice is right there.:dude:

WGI is fast. But as someone once said, "anyone in a car can drive fast in a straight line." I do understand that consistent, or improving, lap-times require consistent, or improving, lines. However this will hold true on any course. If you are a little off-line it only bothers you for that instance since nothing is really connected other than bus stop T5 entrance. Off line a LOT or something breaks = BIG PENALTY. Confusedhock:

Shenandoah's is looking pretty good in my book too. Wish there was an ice & food shack right there too! It has a good surface, long straights and a bunch of connected corners. The penalty thing is very present here too because there isn't a lot of run-off area for a mishap.:?

North course has the off track stuff but less track appeal with only 3, 4, 4a and 5 entrance connected.Wink

Jeff would be next, at least the esses make you work whether going up or down. Bring you own shade or fry and no ice or food without a drive.:?

I really enjoyed Mid-O w/ ARPCA a lot is connected corners and there's a couple real fast straights. The food was pricey, but the meal was good. it would be neat to get that on an RTR radar. (or just take over another PCA event there Cool

South Course, I was only on twice, so I am leaving that as TBDSmile

- APXD 30 - 08-07-2007

I didn't vote b/c I hadn't driven the glen before this past weekend.    The poll has ended, however, I think it's the best track that RTR runs.    The course is interesting and has a lot of elevation change.    Yes, taking the pass while climbing the boot is a challenge in a low HP car.

SP is a good layout but is decrepit and in desperate need investment.  To make it a great track they'd have to give it the surface of Shenandoah.    IMHO that track is underrated and quite interesting.