Riesentöter Forums
Jefferson/ Summit - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Jefferson/ Summit (/showthread.php?tid=1156)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

- Sechsgang - 06-16-2008

I hit the af HARD...I had no traction there...

I was getting killed by turn 5...could barely get power down there. I dont know how I am liking summit PERIOD at this point.

- fasthonda - 06-16-2008

yikes!  tough crowd!!!   Big Grin

the Probenstien and i had fun this weekend;  the rain/peanut oiled track on saturday was some of the best fun i have had in a LOOOOONG time at a DE;  Bob T and i were duking it out for the entire 20 mins;  i was having a total BALL!!!!!

monday i was all geared up and ready to go out during the afternoon rainstorm, but everything was called off due to lightning.....      Mazzone, and Kevin, and Darren, and Steve, and Geiza, and I were all ready to go out and see who might be king of Slippery Point, but we never got the chance......    :X

maybe next time, at the Glen!

see you all there.

todd

- michael lang - 06-16-2008

Yeah I have to admit I was having alot of fun as well in the wet on Saturday. I was hoping for somewhat of a less but steady rain on Monday. Hopefully everyone got home safely.

- George3 - 06-17-2008

I had great fun at Jefferson.  Although it was my first time running on that track, I had a ball sliding in most all of the turns.  My car was in rotation heaven.  It was very nice to see all my friends!!!

- Brian Minkin - 06-17-2008

Jefferson was great fun. Had a blast driving with all the other great drivers in RTR.  Summit was good also although the Anti Freeze spill got me on the second lap of the 1st run in the morning.  My heads still spinning! However once they dried the track Summit was fun despite the fact that it is falling apart again.  To bad the rains put an end to the fun.  Can't wait for the Glen.

- jakp993 - 06-17-2008

I also had a blast this weekend, although I had to leave on Sunday and missed Summit Point.

This may have been RTR's last event at Jefferson.  As has been discussed previously, there are many factors working against our ability to meet our financial goals for this event.  It's not a given, but the RTR Track Team is considering the alternative of a June date at NJMP.  If the economics of another date at NJMP are better than the economics of JC/SP, JC/SP may be history.

I am probably in the minority here, but I will miss this event if it goes away.

I had an absolute ball sliding my car around on my street tires on Sunday.  I had a grin on my face from ear to ear at the end of each session.  There's no way in hell I would attempt that style of driving at The Glen!

Also, JC has some of the best classroom facilities of any track we drive at.  Only Shenandoah is better.

That being said, there's no getting around the financial challenges we have with JC/SP and those challenges are a reflection of our membership's collective opinion of the value of this event.

Jack

- ninjabones - 06-17-2008

My obligatory best lap video.  Special thanks to my instructor, Bob (and the quasi-orgasmic experience of driving on sticky tires for the first time.

http://www.vimeo.com/1186899

Oh yeah, and I agree with Jack... Jefferson was a lot of fun.  Great learning track for me to play around on the r-compounds for the first time.  Not sure that I would want to do two days again, but would be interested in a three day that combined Jefferson, Shennandoah and Summit Point.  That would be a fun weekend.

- Trevor McNeill - 06-17-2008

Glen - Nice video. Too bad you didn't have that second camera pointing backward so I could see myself keeping up with you! That last run on Sunday was what it's all about - what a rush. Can't wait till WG!

On the Jefferson question, for what it's worth - this was my first time there and I really enjoyed it, both on and off the track. It's one of the few tracks where you can have a more direct relationship as a spectator with what's happening on the track. I would certainly do it again in a heartbeat, though I can also understand how some long time club members could get a little bored with it. For someone and my level it really is a great track as the repetition, and the ability to make minor adjustments along the way, are really fantastic.

I do however agree with Glen - if the Jeff event could be limited to a one day affair with two days at Summit or Shennandoah, or some combination thereof, then interest might get peeked again.

- Brian Minkin - 06-17-2008

ninjabones wrote:
Quote:My obligatory best lap video. Special thanks to my instructor, Bob (and the quasi-orgasmic experience of driving on sticky tires for the first time.

Great driving Glen. Your progress is huge. 1:35 is really cooking.

- fasthonda - 06-17-2008

hi guys!

some folks had asked during the weekend if i had any more recent vids of races at summit point (they were curious about my line);  well, here is the Probenstien and me doing battle last October at the NASA races in small bore:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8758981523592195942&hl=en

i just broke into the 1:27s (1:27.936) that weekend in the 'Stien....  i think that is the fastest she will ever post a lap there, especially seeing as how that was 'pre VIR wall encounter'  Tongue

well, i'll see all you guys soon at the Glen!   if all goes as planned, i'll be giving the Probenstien a rest, and will let the Honda Civic stretch its legs a bit....

see you soon!

todd

PS  --edit--  in case you are asking yourself 'why the heck is he sometimes 6' off the apex????  it's because many times there is a car behind me (in this case, the P2 Nissan Sentra SE-R in my class!) with his nose up to my rear wheel!!!!