Riesentöter Forums
What are RTR's current thoughts? - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Club Racing (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: What are RTR's current thoughts? (/showthread.php?tid=22)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- Tony356993 - 03-14-2007

I think 2 seperate events would be better if we can acquire 2 weekends at the new track. I would love to help out at the race since I've never attended a club race before. This track, when finished, will be overbooked from the early start. Let's get the dates and get planning. Maybe someday I'll get the you know whats to go club racing.

- bobt993 - 03-14-2007

Actually,there are alot of club racers in RTR ( I count around 20).  I think we are adding another 5 this year alone.  The problem is most racers attend only tracks that hold races.  Some events also conflict with some club race events.  You tend to see good attendance at the Glen though and Summit Point. Wink

- Racingswh - 03-14-2007

bobt993 wrote:
Quote:Actually,there are alot of club racers in RTR ( I count around 20). I think we are adding another 5 this year alone. The problem is most racers attend only tracks that hold races. Some events also conflict with some club race events. You tend to see good attendance at the Glen though and Summit Point. Wink
Wow! I didn't realize it was that many. I only thought there were 5 or 6. Do they also do DE events or mostly races?

- bobt993 - 03-21-2007

Club racing, DE, NASA.  Over half are instructors and I am wrong the number, I left out a couple of the guys that do alot of spec Miata and Nasa events (sorry guys).  Once your used to open passing DE's are not the same, but it's all fun.  I think you would be surprised how easy going the racers are, great group!

- Phokaioglaukos - 07-11-2007

Any further thoughts on this topic? Now that Thunderbolt is actually under construction and Lime Rock Park has so many new uncertainties, is there wit in gettiing a group together to discuss this? Maybe at our WGI DE in a couple of weeks?

- 944cup - 07-14-2007

ZBlue996Kam wrote:
Quote:It takes a lot of efforts to run a club race and cost a lot of club money.
What would you say if we host a club race that lose money?
As far as money concern, we are likely to lose money to sponsor a club race. We need club money made from activities that actually make money for the club beside club dues.

As far as people concern, it is more difficult than money. We need at least a dozen core people who know what they are doing and be doing the club race for years to come. In additinal to the core people, we need at least 30 to 40 more volunteers to help organize the event year after year.

A PCA club race can be a money maker. I ran the club race for Potomac at Summit in 2003 and 2004 and we made money both years. And that was with about 125 racers entered and an entry fee of $300. Dont what the cost for renting Tbolt would be, guessing near VIR rates, so u should it should be affordable. May need to bump up the entry fee some.

Does take quite a few volunteers, but RTR has the mojo do do it. Your DEs are run every bit as good if not better then other PCA Regions. A Club Race would not be much more of a challenge from that standpoint, especially for a guy like Mike A. And you will have plenty of expertise to draw from in other regions to sort out the details. And if I could do it, well, it can't be that hard..........

For Summit we used about 75-80 volunteers to run the race, including 50 corner workers.

Phokaioglaukos wrote:
Quote:Is there a PCA publication "how to organize a club race"?end of a monthly meeting, or an evening at The Glen or another DE this year.

National has a very handy how to handbook on what needs to be done, including a club race application u need to fill out, which takes you over all the bases. Trackside, the race is actually commanded by National. They send about 5 people who more or less are in charge. The Regional folks really turn into a bunch of worker bees. National brings in the T&S equipment. I would suggest having some of the RTR leaders on this effort volunteer to assist Potomac at the Summit race in October to get some OJT.

Might be easier to have just a club race rather a combined event with a DE. Lot less confusion and details. Would suggest pushing National for an Enduro race. Big attraction and a money maker. They must approve.

If u want to have a race in 2008, you really don't have anytime to waste.