Riesentöter Forums
Corvette club challenge - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Autocross (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Thread: Corvette club challenge (/showthread.php?tid=2752)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

- betegh9 - 09-15-2011

Brian Minkin wrote:
Quote:Track drivers will be able to run the AX for a donation of $5.00 a run anytime during the day but their times will not count for the competition.

If one pays $5.00 per run, why should it NOT count? The AX comitee should have PPF forms for competitors to fill out, and have every driver count. Let this be a good competition ALSO for the TRACK drivers. You see, I like to include every one.Big Grin I like to see how well track junkies do in a ROADCOURSE AX. I don't wana hear "My car is set up for track"..... a good track car is also a good AX car, amen.:dude:

- Vytenis - 09-15-2011

The Pocono region is running this event, not RTR. I don't know how they will be classing the cars, but I'm sure it will be pretty easy to see how someone did in comparison.

"V"

- Brian Minkin - 09-15-2011

It is just not logistically possible to include the DE drivers in the AX competition. If you think it can be done differently then step up to the plate and help with organizing events.

- betegh9 - 09-15-2011

Brian Minkin wrote:
Quote:It is just not logistically possible to include the DE drivers in the AX competition. If you think it can be done differently then step up to the plate and help with organizing events.

Yes, I have offered to various exec members my help for all and any AX event. I am not saying that all DE drivers to do the AX. I am sudgesting that those who want to, can take a run or two when they are not driving their session on the IMSA course. They can pay their AX fee, or per run fee..... and count for the competition. What better way to get people interested in AX?

Also, I am considering doing another stint as AX chair with the assistance of a AX comitee as well as the EXEC.

- STEVEMCMORN - 09-15-2011

betegh9 wrote:

Quote:I am considering doing another stint as AX chair with the assistance of a AX comitee as well as the EXEC.

I VOTE FOR NICK
ANY SECONDS??

- CarreraSupercharged - 09-16-2011

STEVEMCMORN wrote:
Quote:betegh9 wrote:

Quote:I am considering doing another stint as AX chair with the assistance of a AX comitee as well as the EXEC.

I VOTE FOR NICK
ANY SECONDS??

I second,..

I think this is right up Nick's alley,..

- csmith74 - 09-16-2011

CarreraSupercharged wrote:
Quote:STEVEMCMORN wrote:

I VOTE FOR NICK
ANY SECONDS??

I second,..

I third... Nick is a great choice, he's fast as hell and he knows more people then us AX schlubs.

- betegh9 - 09-16-2011

Thanks guys for the vote of confidence. As you all know, AX is not a ONE man show. This needs the colaboration of a group of dedicated and interested individuals as well as the suport of the rest of the executive comitee. AX is a very competitive sport but not as glamorous as DE, so therefore it needs to be promoted by everyone as well as attended by exec members. Most of what we learn in DE is learned in AX at a safer enviroment. One can go 10/10ths in an AX competition while we tend to be more reserved on the track with our expensive toys. One will learn CAR CONTROL much sooner in AX than in any other driving event.
I like to see others come forward with me to make a good and interesting nucleus to run a successfull program.

- 944BlueS - 09-16-2011

Thanks Chuck, but looks like I can't make Pocono either. I'm aiming for the Corvette Club Sunday, but that will be a haul. I should be there. Definitely will make Hershey. I'd love to do the East Course at Pocono, that's going to be great. See you at Hershey.

- trevornaidoo - 09-17-2011

csmith74 wrote:
Quote:CarreraSupercharged wrote:
Quote:STEVEMCMORN wrote:

I VOTE FOR NICK
ANY SECONDS??

I second,..

I third... Nick is a great choice, he's fast as hell and he knows more people then us AX schlubs.
I think Nick is a great choice, we can all certainly learn a lot from him in AX
Vote Nick!