Riesentöter Forums
Spring Fling: Sunday April 15th - save the date! - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Touring (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: Spring Fling: Sunday April 15th - save the date! (/showthread.php?tid=288)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

- stentech - 02-22-2007

I had my 996 out last week and the salt and cinders allow for some real good oversteer oppertunities.  I run my bikes on those roads 1 or 2 times per week in the summer and may have some reccomendations. Email me the planned route at Stentech@verizon.net  and I can find a place to eat maby even at my place, all the roads to my house are fantastic and its not to far from the river.  Thats why I live  here.

- Tony356993 - 03-07-2007

I'm booked at the Best Western in New Hope the night before. This way I'll look my best for the photo shoot.  Wink

- Wellardmac - 03-07-2007

No way! Seriously? Smile

I hope that we get good weather. I was going to drop you a note to see if you wanted to do a dry run this weekend, but I'll probably bail if the roads are still covered in salt - typical that we have good weather when my car wasn't tagged and the bad stuff arrived at the same time as the tag. :X

I've put together a forward and reverse route, that way we can have two groups going in opposite directions if we get a large number of cars showing up... right now the level of interest is fantastic (if everyone shows) and we should have a really nice turnout of cars - a little scary, but manageable. I think that it's worth showing up if only for the photos of the assembled cars. Big Grin

The stage we're at right now is that the first draft of the route is done, we now need to drive the forward and reverse loops to make sure that the directions are bulletproof, that it makes for an interesting drive, and that we can pull up some waypoints to mark restrooms, etc.

Mac-

This w/e I'm working and next w/e I'm at VIR. My next w/e time slot open is not until 4/1. I do have some time during the week but I know that is bad for you.

...we'll figure something out. This weekend is all dependant upon the weather.

- stentech - 03-07-2007

Shoot me an email of the planned route. If you live in Doylestown You could shoot up 313 to my place. If the roads are bad we can take one of my other cars. to check out the roads on the planned route.

SM  

Quote:If the roads are bad we can take one of my other cars. to check out the roads on the planned route.
Bring the new car you showed me on your cell phone. Big Grin

stentech wrote:
Quote:Shoot me an email of the planned route. If you live in Doylestown You could shoot up 313 to my place. If the roads are bad we can take one of my other cars. to check out the roads on the planned route.

SM

Thanks for the offer, but I'll pass for now. Until we do the first drive the route is subject to change. I don't want to drag too many people along with me incase we end up re-writing the route on the fly.... I'd prefer to keep it low key for now just to be sure that we have a good route, plus, re-writing on the fly with other cars in tow would be tough.

- Wellardmac - 03-10-2007

Well, we drove the route this morning and I think we have a pretty good track mapped out. There are a couple of roads that we'll have to take out, as they're were pretty close to dirt tracks, but otherwise we have a nice mix of fast and slow terrain... some nice hill climbs and some nice windy roads thrown in... should be fun.

My only complaint was that there was a lot of gravel on the roads today, but hopefully that will get washed away before April 15th. Smile

- Tony356993 - 03-20-2007

Please make sure we have good weather for this event! Thank You. Big Grin