Riesentöter Forums
2012 Autocross Schedule - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Autocross (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Thread: 2012 Autocross Schedule (/showthread.php?tid=2906)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

- arena - 02-21-2012

betegh9 wrote:
Quote:Ha! Porsche business is profitable to the owner of the dealership, maybe not to the sales staff. That is why they have the $$$$$ to purchase more dealerships.Big Grin
You'd seriously be suprized how many high-end car dealerships are not profitable. It seems like there are quite a few trust fund adults who like the glamour of owning a Porsche/BMW/Merc dealership...

- betegh9 - 02-22-2012

When the owner takes the biggest salary is when the dealer goes into the red. They show negative income and pay no business taxes. Then they take the $$$$$$ to the Cayman Islands and bring it back laundered. Big Grin

- Brian Minkin - 02-22-2012

Nick,

I think your characterization of Auto Dealer Principals is way off base. The cost to own a dealership is huge as is the risk. Some are very successful and see a good return on their investment and some are not. The turnover of ownership of many of the Porsche Dealers in the Tri State Area sends a message of just how tough it is for a high end dealership in today's market. I know a number of dealer principals and they work every day to make their dealerships successful. 

- arena - 02-24-2012

Brian Minkin wrote:
Quote:Nick,

I think your characterization of Auto Dealer Principals is way off base. The cost to own a dealership is huge as is the risk. Some are very successful and see a good return on their investment and some are not. The turnover of ownership of many of the Porsche Dealers in the Tri State Area sends a message of just how tough it is for a high end dealership in today's market. I know a number of dealer principals and they work every day to make their dealerships successful.
Yep. I still remember the shock of actually finding out just how little money dealerships make.

- csmith74 - 02-27-2012

So... all the conspiracy theories are done?

I'm still planning on Philly's SCCA event at Citizen's Bank Park on March 25. Anyone else interested?

BTW - Sorry Nick, but I didn't think the Autocross listing on the forum should have "is AX dead?" as it's lead thread....Tongue

- Vytenis - 02-27-2012

Toss up between Citizen's Bank Park & Hershey.

"V"

- csmith74 - 02-27-2012

I didn't know there was a Hershey event the same weekend... Decisions, decisions..

I'll be unavailable on the 18th so I'm going to miss Warminster  (Adam is getting Confirmed).  I've saved the 25th, and the course doesn't really matter to me, so I'm up for either one.  V, Will John be racing?  Colin still needs more road experience to pass his test, so he won't be AX-ing for another month or so.

- CarreraSupercharged - 02-27-2012

I will not join in March the car will not be ready. Hopefully the car will have its shoes on by April. But I need to put the engine back in the car before then....

- pearlcoupeg35 - 02-27-2012

I am interested in joining in some AutoX events this year.....keep us posted Arena

- csmith74 - 02-27-2012

pearlcoupeg35 wrote:
Quote:I am interested in joining in some AutoX events this year.....keep us posted Arena
Great! The Cayman is a natural for autocross. The weight distribution is near perfect. Just don't sell the car before the season starts Cool