Riesentöter Forums
The Chuff Zone - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Thread: The Chuff Zone (/showthread.php?tid=1072)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

- Mike Andrews - 03-14-2008

ccm911 wrote:
Quote:I just received the latest Der Gasser. And you are suggesting that folks pay $2.50 for the "privilege" of receiving an advertising circular?

Perhaps you didn't understand my comment.... you are indeed already paying that much for Der Gasser. That's about what it costs to print and deliver an issue. Right now that money comes out of the treasury that was put there via PCA stipend or track revenues. That just the facts.

I’m not saying anything bad about the newsletter or the editor, I for one welcome her new ideas and think she’s off to great start. I’m just advocating another approach to the delivery of said news letter. If we could eliminate that roughly $30K (Brian or Steve – if this is far off, please give us the real numbers….) that it takes to publish and deliver we could cut back on track fees, subsidize an autocross program, have a free picnic every year and so on. It’s just food for thought.

One of the things I learned over the past dozen years on the exec is that not everyone has the same opinion and my opinion on this is just my view.

- catchacab - 03-14-2008

How much revenue does DG generate from advertisers?

- dmano - 03-14-2008

CUTTING BACK ON TRACK FEES WOULD BE GREAT! CONSIDERING THE COST OF FUEL JUST TO GET TO THE TRACKS IS WAY UP. WOULD BE A NICE COST EFFECT.

NOW:  3.35GAL X 25GAL=$ 83.75

268 MILES TO THE GLEN / 10MPG= 26 GAL = $87.10 EACH WAY TO THE GLEN

175.00 GIVE OR TAKE TO GET THERE AND BACK.

IT IS EVEN WORSE FOR YOU DIESEL GUYS I HEAR ALMOST 5 BUCKS A GAL. THIS SUMMER 4.15 IN UP STATE PA THIS WEEK

SO WE DO NEED TO SAVE MONEY SOME HOW

POOR BARRY AS HE ONLY GETS 5 MPG IN THE JOLLY GREEN GIANT

CAM 2 IS 10.00 GAL AT THE TRACK. IT'S TIME TO TURN DOWN THE BOOST

- ccm911 - 03-15-2008

Mike Andrews wrote:
Quote:ccm911 wrote:
Quote:I just received the latest Der Gasser. And you are suggesting that folks pay $2.50 for the "privilege" of receiving an advertising circular?

Perhaps you didn't understand my comment.... you are indeed already paying that much for Der Gasser. That's about what it costs to print and deliver an issue. Right now that money comes out of the treasury that was put there via PCA stipend or track revenues. That just the facts.

I’m not saying anything bad about the newsletter or the editor, I for one welcome her new ideas and think she’s off to great start. I’m just advocating another approach to the delivery of said news letter. If we could eliminate that roughly $30K (Brian or Steve – if this is far off, please give us the real numbers….) that it takes to publish and deliver we could cut back on track fees, subsidize an autocross program, have a free picnic every year and so on. It’s just food for thought.

One of the things I learned over the past dozen years on the exec is that not everyone has the same opinion and my opinion on this is just my view.

Well then why don't we run a web version concurrent as the print version is gradually phased out? I know you are a whiz with computers, and have hours and hours of spare time. Big Grin

If it comes down to money, I think we can fix it.

- ccm911 - 03-21-2008

- Porshagod - 03-21-2008

ccm911 wrote:
Quote:As for the latest Der Gasser.

A bunch of "Letters to the Editor". All saying how great the new format is. Are you kidding me? Nothing more than a Valentine sent by the Editor to herself!

Get back to me when she gets serious.

Hell hath no fury like a writer scorned. Big Grin

- catchacab - 03-22-2008

Dear Chris,

I really enjoyed your Chuff Zone you posted on the RTR forum.  You are the most interesting author on the forum.  Your writing should be in print.  It takes a lot of time and effort to do what you do.  I appreciate it.

-Eric