Riesentöter Forums
Bang for your buck in a track car - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Bang for your buck in a track car (/showthread.php?tid=1882)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

- Sechsgang - 01-21-2010

Terry wrote:
Quote:I run into Drew periodically on Rittenhouse Square where he lives and I work. He is still in school and, when last we spoke, was deeply involved in putting together a celebrity driver TV show of some sort. I never heard anything about instructor status being an issue and he said nothing of the sort to me. But if it happened, I do not think we should be second guessing decisions like this made by our appointed and elected leaders. These can be tough and unpleasant matters but they need to be done for all of our best interests, and no one is paying the chief instructor or track chair to take the heat. I can recall lots of bitching (including by me) about promotions (mainly why did he get it when any idiot can see that I'm a much better driver), politics (he only got promoted because he's friends with...), and fairness (why did I get black flagged and lectured for doing what the CI did, only worse?), but none of this amounted to a hill of beans in the long run. People who should be promoted get promoted, and if they have to stay in a run group for an extra event before the instructors are comfortable with a promotion, so what? And maybe a certain minimum amount of seat time, or events, or years, is desirable for instructors just so that they are more likely to have seen or experienced different things on the track which their students might encounter. Pure speed and driving skill are not the only qualifications for instructing. Anyway, I look forward to seeing Drew on the track again but suspect it will be with a new RSR or something similar.

Hey there guys, yes, its been quite some time since Ive been on here, or at any track event to say the least. The biggest aspect of my non-existance recently was Penn really picking up, and the TV show that I am working on getting way larger than I ever thought. We are about to start shooting as a matter of fact and have some incredible people and sponsors. Ill be back soon however as I have a new sponsor for the tracking experience. And ya, Im going to be back in something a little more prepared than a normal gt3 Smile See you guys soon...

- bobt993 - 01-21-2010

Drew,  good to hear your busy.  Look forward to seeing the new ride.

- George3 - 01-21-2010

Hi Drew-
Nice to hear you'll be back at the track.
Hopefully, it will be this year (???)
Give us a hint as to what you'll be driving Cool

- Sechsgang - 01-21-2010

Unfortunately not an RSR, but should be a 997 cup. And ya, I should be back for some events this year finally. As for the instructor thing, its the weather that was the biggest pain of anything. Not getting it the first day didnt mean much, not having another shot that weekend just killed that weekend for me. MOST of the other weekends looked like a poor forecast, so rather than chance one day, I stayed home and worked. Lol, we all have to grow up sometime I guess haha. You guys will love this show when it goes on though, I promise...

- AMoore - 01-22-2010

Getting back to the subject at hand.  The pony wars are in full swing.  The 2011 GT Mustang will be going back to a 5.0, with 400 hp, more in line with the new Camaro SS.  It is my understanding that the Mustang already handles better than the Camaro, even with a solid rear axle.  I do not know whether the 2011 will have a solid rear axle.  The normally aspirated six will have more than 300 hp, like the Camaro 6 banger.

Oh, and Chris, spare us your usual diatribe about Amreican cars . . . Read the recent JD Power rankings.  Im a Porsche guy, I get it, great reliability, but it sure would be nice to throw on a set of rotors, or aftermaket gusto makers, for a lot less money.

- ccm911 - 01-22-2010

AMoore wrote:
Quote:Oh, and Chris, spare us your usual diatribe about Amreican cars . . . Read the recent JD Power rankings. Im a Porsche guy, I get it, great reliability, but it sure would be nice to throw on a set of rotors, or aftermaket gusto makers, for a lot less money.

You are too funny! Believe it or not, I actually LIKE the Mustang! It looks like a really fun car. Have you seen Tony's new one yet? Nothing like a big engine in a small car.

But....I still think the Camaro looks like junk.

- betegh9 - 01-22-2010

ccm911 wrote:
Quote:AMoore wrote:
Quote:Oh, and Chris, spare us your usual diatribe about Amreican cars . . . Read the recent JD Power rankings. Im a Porsche guy, I get it, great reliability, but it sure would be nice to throw on a set of rotors, or aftermaket gusto makers, for a lot less money.

You are too funny! Believe it or not, I actually LIKE the Mustang! It looks like a really fun car. Have you seen Tony's new one yet? Nothing like a big engine in a small car.

But....I still think the Camaro looks like junk.

Then I'm sure you were a real fan of the good old Sunbeam Tiger.......the new Mustang (supercharged) is still far from the new Vette, and for less $$$$$

- betegh9 - 01-22-2010

If you want the biggest bang for the buck, Grass Roots Motorsports is putting up a series challenge........ this year, no more can be spent on a car than $2010.00 for purchase and mods. Race in AX, 1/4 mile and concour event. Obviously, a team has to do most of the work and lots of the modifications done in house for low cost or donated. Too bad they don't include a road race event also.

Welcome back DEERHUNTER............... I'm still looking for you!

- Sechsgang - 01-22-2010

Ill be pretty easy to spot Smile

- betegh9 - 01-22-2010

Sechsgang wrote:
Quote:Ill be pretty easy to spot Smile

Not if you are not at the track............... but I'm easy to spot too. I'm probably the only RTR member that drives the piss out a 40+ year old car.