Riesentöter Forums
Poll: Planning for the future AX - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Autocross (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Thread: Poll: Planning for the future AX (/showthread.php?tid=85)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

- TwentySix - 10-24-2011

arena wrote:
Quote:Yeah, lets get as many of the "regulars" together for drinks, and lets come up with a plan for next season. I have a bunch of idea's myself, but it seems to me like all of us are pretty much on the same page as far as what our idea of autocross should be: Great fun, great competition, and low barriers to entry (meaning they should be local, inexpensive, and easy to get into for beginners)

I would like the Riesentoter AX group to be well know and respected in the philly area Cool
Have you done much autocrossing?

- Ccns23 - 10-24-2011

TwentySix wrote:
Quote:arena wrote:
Quote:Yeah, lets get as many of the "regulars" together for drinks, and lets come up with a plan for next season. I have a bunch of idea's myself, but it seems to me like all of us are pretty much on the same page as far as what our idea of autocross should be: Great fun, great competition, and low barriers to entry (meaning they should be local, inexpensive, and easy to get into for beginners)

I would like the Riesentoter AX group to be well know and respected in the philly area Cool
Have you done much autocrossing?
Where are you going with this question?

- TwentySix - 10-24-2011

Ccns23 wrote:
Quote:Where are you going with this question?
Where are you going with this question? [Image: confused.gif]

- Ccns23 - 10-24-2011

TwentySix wrote:
Quote:Ccns23 wrote:
Quote:Where are you going with this question?
Where are you going with this question? [Image: confused.gif]

Well, Jon seems to be enthusiastic about taking over at the AX Chair. I wasn't sure if your question there was a dig at him, or if you were legitimately asking if he'd ever auto crossed before. Seemed like the former, not the latter. However, it is the internet and emotion unfortunately can't be convey'd in text from, unless you use all caps.

- arena - 10-24-2011

It's all good, I'd be skeptical of someone new coming in too.  I'll win everyone over eventually...

...that or I'll just beat them on an AX course. Cool

- TwentySix - 10-24-2011

Ccns23 wrote:
Quote:Well, Jon seems to be enthusiastic about taking over at the AX Chair. I wasn't sure if your question there was a dig at him, or if you were legitimately asking if he'd ever auto crossed before. Seemed like the former, not the latter. However, it is the internet and emotion unfortunately can't be convey'd in text from, unless you use all caps.
Seemed like a simple question. No dig intended. See below.

- TwentySix - 10-24-2011

arena wrote:
Quote:It's all good, I'd be skeptical of someone new coming in too. I'll win everyone over eventually...

New? Not really. I was on the autocross committee here for 2 years along with Graham, Stevie and "V" .... Steve and I basically invented the road show and I came up with name for it, as well as pulled strings with my contacts at other clubs to allow the RTR'ers to run together in their own group. I also helped bring Specialty Cars on board as sponsor through my old friend Dave Newman. I was the chief instructor of the last full out autocross school we held at what was then Veterans Stadium, and have been chief instructor at SCCA school as well. I am a 15+ year member of RTR.

I'm a little rusty though.

- Ccns23 - 10-24-2011

Duly noted....now I guess I have to come out to an AX event to atone....

- betegh9 - 10-24-2011

TwentySix wrote:
Quote:arena wrote:
Quote:It's all good, I'd be skeptical of someone new coming in too. I'll win everyone over eventually...

Quote:New? Not really. I was on the autocross committee here for 2 years along with Graham, Stevie and "V" .... Steve and I basically invented the road show and I came up with name for it, as well as pulled strings with my contacts at other clubs to allow the RTR'ers to run together in their own group. I also helped bring Specialty Cars on board as sponsor through my old friend Dave Newman. I was the chief instructor of the last full out autocross school we held at what was then Veterans Stadium, and have been chief instructor at SCCA school as well. I am a 15+ year member of RTR.

I'm a little rusty though.
Quote:
Quote:A little rusty?Confusedhock: Excusssssssse me. Big Grin........ Beth, I'll be happy to see you again, it's been a while!

- betegh9 - 10-24-2011

arena wrote:

Arena, don't be intimidated....... Beth is as sweeeeeet as they come. She knows what she is talking about, you just have to ask nicelyBig Grin

Riesentoter was always known as a driver's club from back in the '60's and 70's when AX was the only game in town. In the last event in Delaware, Ian got FTD, so looks like we do have a good group. We can do better if we set up a system where we can coach each other not only in driving, but also in car set-up.

I will look for a time that is convenient for all to have a few beers and GREAT wings at The Ugly Moose in Manayunk. I have signed up a few of us........Who else is coming?

Arena

Nick

Beth

Ian

who else?