Riesentöter Forums
Financial Shakeup this weekend - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Thread: Financial Shakeup this weekend (/showthread.php?tid=1090)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

- dmano - 03-20-2008

Who is the Typical White Person?

- Darren - 03-20-2008

I wasn't going to post this link but now that the conversation has gone there:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4854918008115627286&q=obama+pastor+speech&total=188&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=2

This was an Obama speech the other day in Philly.

My disclaimer is that I don't think I'm voting for Obama.  But I will say that he is a fantastic speaker and I agree with almost everything he says about race and racism in this speech.  It's a little slow getting started, but intereresting nonetheless.

Can he really be a uniter? I have no idea, like someone else said, all political BS that means nothing.  I went thru the candidates on an issue by issue basis and figured out who I most agree with.  I was suprised it came up McCain especially because I really wish I could vote for Obama.

Regardless of whether he wins, he's done a great service to our country for being the person he is and because has had such a great run in his campaign.

- Phokaioglaukos - 03-20-2008

One word to make you vote for whichever Democrat gets the nomination: McCain/Bush.

- Phokaioglaukos - 03-21-2008

Wellardmac wrote:
Quote:it's always a case of voting for the lesser of two evils
Just make sure you vote.

- ccm911 - 03-21-2008

Phokaioglaukos wrote:
Quote:One word to make you vote for whichever Democrat gets the nomination: McCain/Bush.

Once again, with one sentence, Chris proves further that he is no dummy.Big Grin

Well said, Chris!

- dmano - 03-21-2008

I really hate to bring this up but it must be said.

Obama is bringing out all the black voters that either have never voted before or have not voted in a long time because he is black, not because he might be a good candidate/president. The other side is we all want change either it be a woman, the typical white person or a black man or an honest truthful politician. (Ya right like that will happen) This is a racial issue, going by his track record this past 2 weeks. He has brought race into the race.

All I want is a President to run this country the way we all want it to run.

May the best most qualified person win.

God help us all.

or whom ever you worship.

- nplenzick - 03-21-2008

ccm911 wrote:
Quote:I have already changed my affililiation from Libertarian to Democrat just so I can vote against O'Bama. Nothing to do with race. I just don't think he has any real, solid plans. I think he may be all show, no go.

Once we handle this, I will quickly change back to Libertarian, the only party that makes sense to me.
Yea great idea! That's what the right wing is suggesting here in Pa. .In fact Rush and his other A hole talk radio dj's are encouraging their fellow republicans to switch to Democrats for the primary so they can vote for Hilary.....it seems like their worried if Obama gets the nomination.

- AMoore - 03-21-2008

dmano wrote:
Quote:All I want is a President to run this country the way we all want it to run.

We all do not want the country run the same way.

I see myself as a conservative Democrat ( I know many of you will assert that this is an oxymoron. It's not). I used to be a fan of McCain but if the war ended today it the final cost would be $3 trillion, including the cost to treat disabled servicemen for the rest of their lives. Can you imagine what that money could do for:

1) our schools;

2) scientific development (alternative fuels, better fuel efficiency, AIDS, Cancer, childhood diseases, etc.)

3) the infrastructure, (highways / I-95, bridges, etc.)

4) assistance with health care for the working middle class,

5) finding Bin Laden, who is not in Iraq;

6) more money for the justice system to be able to lock up violent criminals for longer periods;

6) lower taxes; or

7) reducing our astronomical debt, which was eliminated during the past administration. (40 percent of this war is funded by money borrowed from China and other nations. I seriously doubt that China will forgive the loan like we often do for other nations that borrow from us).

I also fear words without deeds. Remeber Bush was going to be a unifier of the parties. In fact he was a polarizer. Great deeds cannot come about without first thinking of a great idea!.

Right now I'm willing to take the chance on Obama. We still have a congress to keep him in check and on task.

- AMoore - 03-21-2008

nplenzick wrote:
Quote:ccm911 wrote:

Yea great idea! That's what the right wing is suggesting here in Pa. .In fact Rush and his other A hole talk radio dj's are encouraging their fellow republicans to switch to Democrats for the primary so they can vote for Hilary.....it seems like their worried if Obama gets the nomination.
I heard Dom Giordano from 1210 AM make the same suggestion. It is ridiculous to think that because Hillary is carrying the big states in the primaries, she has a better chance to beat McCain. It is not as if those who prefer Hillary are going to vote for McCain if Obama wins the nomination.

- Wellardmac - 03-21-2008

I'm with you on this Aaron - the money we have spent on Iraq could have been better spent elsewhere... the problem is that if we were not in Iraq I can pretty much guarantee that that it would not have been spent on the things that you listed, so it was a lose-lose situation.

Think back to the Clinton Years... the worst thing we had to worry about was whether the President lied about getting a blowjob from an intern. Wow, if that was the worst thing going on, then we were a very lucky nation (I'd love to be in that sitation!). During those years the nation was in balance.

The best situation is to have the Executive branch and congress controlled by different parties and they each hold back the excesses of the other. Whenever both branches of government are controlled by one ideology then the nation suffers from an excess of extremes. Think about it - right now we have all three branches of government controlled by the same ideology. That's going to take a very long time to fix.