Riesentöter Forums
New Jersey Motorsports Park – Thunderbolt Raceway - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: New Jersey Motorsports Park – Thunderbolt Raceway (/showthread.php?tid=124)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

- Nick - 03-31-2007

The last item that was required before ground breaking was the release of some real estate from the FAA (e.g., Millville Airport).  I have reason to believe that in the next few days it will be announced that the FAA released the land  for the Motorsport Park and the date will be set for ground breaking. 

- Phokaioglaukos - 03-31-2007

We can hope!

- smankow - 03-31-2007

Nick wrote:
Quote:The last item that was required before ground breaking was the release of some real estate from the FAA (e.g., Millville Airport). I have reason to believe that in the next few days it will be announced that the FAA released the land for the Motorsport Park and the date will be set for ground breaking.
that's great news. Let's hope that it happens!!!

- Sechsgang - 03-31-2007

I am 100 percent joining/becoming a member...cant wait for a great local track!

- Nick - 04-01-2007

We are making terrific progress toward our groundbreaking goals.  For anyone interested there are 2 events this week:
  1.  On Tuesday evening, April 3rd, the Millville City Commission Public Hearing will be held at 7 PM for the NJMP PILOT Plan final approval (payment in lieu of taxes plan).
    [/*]
  2. On Thursday evening, April 5th, at the Millville City Commission Chambers at 5:30 PM, an important Press Conference will be held regarding NJMP progress. It will be hosted by the City of Millville, Congressman Frank LoBiondo, Delaware River & Bay Authority and NJ Motorsports Park. All local, county, and state elected officials have been invited to participate.[/*]

- Nick - 04-08-2007

I attended Thursday’s press conference.  U.S. Congressman Frank LoBiondo announced that the FAA released the real estate needed by the Motorsports Park.  The construction team was given the green light and ground breaking will take place in the next 3-4 weeks.  The estimated completion of Phase 1 is now 12 months.

- Phokaioglaukos - 04-08-2007

Thanks for the update, Nick. I sure hope they can scheuld a full season of events in 2008.

- Brian Minkin - 04-08-2007

Nick,

I know several of us have had contact with Thunderbolt regarding getting dates for next year.  Can you do anything to insure we get provisional dates and do not get overlooked?  I am sure everyone is pressuring them for dates.

- catchacab - 04-08-2007

Nick wrote:
Quote:I attended Thursday’s press conference. U.S. Congressman Frank LoBiondo announced that the FAA released the real estate needed by the Motorsports Park. The construction team was given the green light and ground breaking will take place in the next 3-4 weeks. The estimated completion of Phase 1 is now 12 months.

YES! YES! YES! YES![size=6] YES! YES![/size]

A nicely designed road course close to home. Is this a dream? Why are my hands sticky?

- Nick - 04-09-2007

Brian Minkin wrote:
Quote:Nick,

I know several of us have had contact with Thunderbolt regarding getting dates for next year. Can you do anything to insure we get provisional dates and do not get overlooked? I am sure everyone is pressuring them for dates.

Brian,

Spectator events get first priority. However, a race track needs to prove that they will be open for business before big money events will commit. The calendar will be filled with the money makers first and anything left over will be offered to DE. Right now, anyone who has requested dates has been placed on a list and will not be assigned dates until it is know what dates will be needed for race series, etc.

If construction gets delayed to the point that they can not attract a full calendar of spectator events in 2008, there will be plenty of EXTRA openings for that year only.

I will keep everyone updated on the progress. Tom Z needs to stay in communication with James Redman. I'll do what I can to help us get great weekends for DE and a Club Race.