Riesentöter Forums
The Official VIR Zone 2 Thread - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: The Official VIR Zone 2 Thread (/showthread.php?tid=242)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

- Tony356993 - 02-16-2007

Quote:Posible dates for VIR Video viewing.  I have 1 1/2 hours of VIR from the 2006 Zone 2 event in the black run group.
I found my VIR video from 2006.

Good news: I have a black run with little traffic to really visualize the track.

Bad News: The 2nd part of the video is Sharon driving (SLOW) in blue for a few laps until we run out of tape.

Good news: From April '06 to Nov '06 she got much better & faster. It must be her live in instructor. Big Grin

If I can't make the event I will give my video to Brian - no bashing when I'm not there to defend myself.

- Graham - 02-16-2007

Here is  a good video of the VIR circuit to get started.  It show the view from outside a windshield and also shows the undulations of the track itself.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=eCuw2MdM2R4

Gonna be a great weekend!!!

- Marty Kocse - 02-16-2007

Did you see?  They have me in BLUE (solo).  I'm a little worked up right now because I was one of the first people to sign up for the event and they stick me in Blue.  I'm not too happy about it.

- Larry Herman - 02-16-2007

Yeah, they call it a Zone 2 event, but it feels more like a Potomac event.  They put Dan in white, when he is being evaluated to be an instructor with our club, has been in Black for 2 years, and ironically was first move to Black at VIR during the 2005 Zone 2 event.  Do they even know that Riesentoter is in Zone 2?

- Brian Minkin - 02-16-2007

Marty,

Since blue was under subscribed they decided to accept more white drivers by putting some in blue(solo).  It was a random pick and has nothing to do with your abilities.  The other option was not being accepted for the event.  You will have fun and gain valuable experience and with instructors out there with a majority of the cars you will probably get earlier passes. If you lap the pack we will have a hard time putting your ego back in the box.

- Brian Minkin - 02-16-2007

Larry Herman wrote:
Quote:Yeah, they call it a Zone 2 event, but it feels more like a Potomac event. They put Dan in white, when he is being evaluated to be an instructor with our club, has been in Black for 2 years, and ironically was first move to Black at VIR during the 2005 Zone 2 event. Do they even know that Riesentoter is in Zone 2?

Larry,

Dan is in black..Michael is in white.

- Tony356993 - 02-17-2007

Quote:Did you see?  They have me in BLUE (solo).  I'm a little worked up right now because I was one of the first people to sign up for the event and they stick me in Blue.  I'm not too happy about it.

Marty,

I can't figure it out either. It makes no sense. My 1st event in black was VIR in 2005. When I asked about the reasoning, they stated that I had a high hp car so they bumped me to black. Where is that reasoning now? No offense to anyone but why did they pick lower hp cars to run in white and move you to blue-solo? Be glad you were accepted and we will all have a great time. VIR track time is worth it whatever color you are assigned. I feel for you but it will be ok.

T

- Tony356993 - 02-17-2007

Quote:Here is  a good video of the VIR circuit to get started.  It show the view from outside a windshield and also shows the undulations of the track itself.

I do not if open wheels cars are different, but that driver missed almost all apexes and the line was very different. I guess it was a student and not a skippy instructor.

- Larry Herman - 02-17-2007

Brian Minkin wrote:
Quote:Larry,

Dan is in black..Michael is in white.
Brian, that happened AFTER I contacted Rebecca to have Dan put into Black.

- TwentySix - 02-17-2007

You guys seem really psyched to go to this event (run group assignment aside)... is it because of a combination of cabin fever and VIR  [Image: smile.gif]  or is the reason being it's a "zone" event?  I haven't been to VIR yet and have heard it's fantastic, hope to get there this season...