Riesentöter Forums
RTR's 50th Anniversary Celebration - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: RTR's 60th Anniversary Celebration (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+--- Thread: RTR's 50th Anniversary Celebration (/showthread.php?tid=101)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- Porshagod - 09-27-2006

May I suggest The Hyatt Penns Landing, Phila, PA for our 50th Anniversary Celebration . I just spent the weekend there for a function and it was fantastic!

My reasons are as follows-
  • Centrally located for our PA, NJ and DE members on the Philly riverfront. [/*]
  • Group room rates available. [/*]
  • Grand Ballroom available for banquets. [/*]
  • Covered parking garage. [/*]
  • The Battleship NJ and The USS Olyimpia ships are available for Club functions (luncheons, tours, meetings, etc). [/*]
  • The Adventure Aquarium is directly across the river (by ferry) for family fun. [/*]
  • The abundance of historical sites, museums, restaurants, etc, etc, etc in the area.[/*]

- Phokaioglaukos - 10-07-2006

We're having a celebration? Big Grin

Update: I saw in Der Gasser this month that for the 40th anniversary Robin organized the purchase of jackets. Ten years might ge too soon to repeast jackets, but some article of logo'ed clothing would be nice. Perhaps with a special 50th anniversary marking.

Time is getting close. What else should we be doing?

- Porshagod - 11-01-2006

Polo and t-shirts w/RTR 50th Anniv logo?

- Brian Minkin - 11-01-2006

There is a jacket in the works which will be shown at the holiday banquet and at subsequent meetings.  It will have a special logo commemorating the 50th.  I believe you will see other clothing items appear as the year goes on.  Plans for the celebration are moving along nicely and as soon as dates are firmed up announcements will be made. 

- Phokaioglaukos - 11-01-2006

Brian! Don't keep us in suspense. What sort of events are under consideraion? Anything to moot here?

- Mike Andrews - 11-18-2006

Chris,

You mean other than the party at your house??????

- Phokaioglaukos - 11-18-2006

The 8th Grade parents are coming tomorrow night. That might be a nice mix with the RTR folks....

- Mike Andrews - 11-18-2006

Phokaioglaukos wrote:
Quote:The 8th Grade parents are coming tomorrow night. That might be a nice mix with the RTR folks....

All I read was MILF.......

- APXD 30 - 12-01-2006

I have an idea for funding the celebration-- raffling off a new Porsche.    Yes, national just did this, but I understand that so did RTR in the mid-80s with a 944 b/c a friend of mine won the car which he promptly traded in on a 911.

We could sell 1500 tickets @ $50 to raise $75,000 and give away a $50,000 Boxster/Cayman.   We would net $25,000 for whatever event we decide on and have the excitement of the drawing at the final gala.  

See the 50 theme ($50 ticket, $50M car)?   Any thoughts?

- ccm911 - 12-01-2006

Mike Andrews wrote:
Quote:All I read was MILF.......

Hmmmmm..... MILF!!!!! I'm down with that. And Mike, I am sure there will be some "DILFS" there for you as well. Big Grin

I slay myself!