Riesentöter Forums
Bondurant 4-Day Grand Prix Road Racing School . . . The Full Report - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Bondurant 4-Day Grand Prix Road Racing School . . . The Full Report (/showthread.php?tid=1012)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- George3 - 02-03-2008

I recently returned from a trip to Phoenix, Arizona, where I had the pleasure of attending the world renown . . . Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving.  Bondurant offers a whole menu of driving schools, ranging from Accident Avoidance, High Performance Driving, Karting, Z06 Experience, and more.

I attended the 4-day Grand Prix Road Racing School.  An intense 4-day school geared to elevate my existing abilities, while teaching new skills and techniques to be used on the track.  Days 1 - 3 involved driving new 2007 C6 Corvettes.  And, on the 4th day in F-1600 Formula Cars.  A special 2007 Cadillac CTS fitted with pneumatic out-riggers was also used on the skid pad.

Daily Exercises Included:
Skid Control (under steer & over steer)
Skid Pad in the CTS Skid Cars
Acceleration and Braking techniques
Lead & Follow
Trail Braking
Throttle Steer
Correct heel and toe downshifting
Proper Line Technique (entry, apex, exit)
Looking ahead, being smooth, and more.

There was an incredible 3:1 student-to-instructor ratio and only 12 students in my class.  So, the track was not very crowded.  The instructors are real pro's and they can drive like nobody's business!  There is plenty of seat time on the track and passing is only allowed with a point-by.  At the end of days 3 and 4 it was pretty much open track with instructors jumping in your car evey now and then, and also working into the mix with their own cars for student observation.  So as you can imagine, by the end of the 4th day, we were all kinda sore!!!

The Bondurant School provided students with suits, helmets and very nice lunch every day.  Driving gloves and shoes were the responsibility of each student.  The Bondurant 3-tracks is part of the Firebird Raceway facility.  The program is professionally managed and the vehicles impeccably maintained.  Fuel topped off at lunch... new tires as needed... and students get their own car - - not shared with others.

There are many schools to choose for the driving enthusiast, but I'm glad I selected Bondurant.  All in all, I came away with the best driving school I could ask for and a memory I'll carry with me for the rest of my life!

Oh, and yes . . . I did meet "The Man" in person.  A real genuine guy.

- George3 - 02-03-2008

2007 Cadillac CTS Skid Cars

- George3 - 02-03-2008

Silver Devils........

- George3 - 02-03-2008

The New Solstice Program. . .

- George3 - 02-03-2008

Special C6 Corvettes with de-activated ABS and no Traction Control. . .

- George3 - 02-03-2008

My Car . . . #30

- George3 - 02-03-2008

Skid Car . . .

- George3 - 02-03-2008

Ahhhhh, on to Formula . . .

- George3 - 02-03-2008

Sweet . . .

- George3 - 02-03-2008

Formula Cars . . .