Riesentöter Forums
Considering DE, Questions - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Considering DE, Questions (/showthread.php?tid=1018)

Pages: 1 2

- Bill Lehman - 02-01-2008

I recently bought a Cayman and am considering  DE.  I understand the requirement for a tech inspection before each event.  Is there a time limit between the inspection and the event?  Looking at the 2008 calendar, I see an event listed over several days, for example, Pocono May 16,17,18.  Is each day an "event" or do you run all days?  Although it has been many years since I was on the track, I held an SCCA National license for several years and have raced at Summit Point, Watkins Glen, and Pocono (not in a configuration currently used for DE).  Is this kind of prior experience considered when assigned to an initial run group or does everybody start out in Green?  Thanks for your help.

- Brian Minkin - 02-01-2008

Bill Lehman wrote:
Quote:I recently bought a Cayman and am considering DE. I understand the requirement for a tech inspection before each event. Is there a time limit between the inspection and the event? Looking at the 2008 calendar, I see an event listed over several days, for example, Pocono May 16,17,18. Is each day an "event" or do you run all days? Although it has been many years since I was on the track, I held an SCCA National license for several years and have raced at Summit Point, Watkins Glen, and Pocono (not in a configuration currently used for DE). Is this kind of prior experience considered when assigned to an initial run group or does everybody start out in Green? Thanks for your help.
Tech inspection should be performed within two weeks of the event. An event is generally all days listed. However we do have some events such as Jefferson Circuit on Sat & Sun followed by Summit on Monday and some drivers do come for Monday only. The Pocono event in May has advanced drivers only the 1st day and the second and third day are for all groups. RTR requires all drivers to start out in green unless you can furnish references from another clubs cheif instructor reqarding your experience and that experience should be current. If your instructor finds that you meet the criteria for advancement you will move up quickly.

- michael lang - 02-02-2008

Bill, welcome to the club. You could not have picked a better club to hang out with at the track.

- Tony356993 - 02-02-2008

Bill,

Brian said it all about your ?'s. The Cayman is an awesome vehicle on the track. I have had 2 students (SP and The Glen) with Cayman and I'm not sure who had more fun. Don't be afraid about ?'s - we have all been in your shoes once. Welcome.

- catchacab - 02-02-2008

Bill,

Welcome to RTR!  I have a CaymanS, but I am not tracking it... yet. 

Check out www.caymanclub.net  for lots of info about our cars. 

-Eric

- Bill Lehman - 02-02-2008

Thanks for the prompt response to my questions and a warm welcome.  

- Mike Andrews - 02-04-2008

Bill,

In case you haven't heard, there will be a tech session "aka... Super Tech"  the 23rd at Dougherty Automotive.  At that clinic you will be able to walk around and talk with other poeple that have been waiting for the end of winter and will most likely have all kinds of stories and should be able to answer pretty much any question you might have.

And, there will be a clinic dedicated to talking about the up coming season where we will answer track specific questions as well. 

- Bill Lehman - 02-04-2008

Mike, I was not aware of this "tech seession".  Where can I find more information?  Thanks,   Bill L

- Mike Andrews - 02-05-2008

Bill,

I guess there's not really much out there describing what it is.  You can go to our web site www.rtr-pca.org for the time and place.  We'll talk more about it at our February club meeting..... which will be held at Dougerty's as well.

- Darren - 02-06-2008

Eric -- what the heck? Now what's the Porsche count???