Riesentöter Forums
May RTR Porsche meeting - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Membership Meetings (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: May RTR Porsche meeting (/showthread.php?tid=1027)

Pages: 1 2

- Graham - 05-05-2008

Details - More to follow!!!

May meeting date:  May 28th (Wed)

Knopf Automotive Porsche - Allentown PA 

3401 Lehigh Street, Allentown, PA 18103

7 p.m. Social

8 p.m. Meeting

Speaker: Professional race car driver Craig Stanton

Trailers on display courtesy of All Pro West Trailer Superstore

Let's beat our record of 200 attendees in April!!!

-Graham

- Graham - 05-08-2008

Calling all Porsche drivers!!!!

At this months RTR Porsche meeting, in addition to professional racecar driver and guest speaker Craig Stanton, we have schedule for a great trailer demo.  Scott Smith of All Pro West Trailer Superstore will be bringing two trailers, one enclosed and one open and now perhaps one 4x4, to Knopf on May 28th for the monthly meeting.  Special pricing may apply!!

Scott Smith
All Pro West Trailer Superstore

http://www.allprowest.com/

In the past, Knopf Automotive has put on a super catered dinner including cake and ice cream!  So let's plan on coming out to enjoy nice evening with friends and fellow club members, listen to Craig Stanton speak about racing and check out some new trailers being offered.

-Graham

- Graham - 05-16-2008

TTT

- Graham - 05-21-2008

May 28, 2008 (Wed) RTR Porsche meeting at Knopf Automotive (Allentown)

RTR Porsche club monthly meeting featuring racecar driver and guest speaker Craig Stanton as well as some fine dining!!!

Details:

It is time to round up the club for another great meeting, to be held at Knopf Automotive in Allentown PA.

This month, professional racecar driver Craig Stanton is will be our guest speaker. Social hour starts at 7pm, with the meeting at 8pm and guest speaker immediately following.

Driving a Porsche 911 GT3 Cup car, Craig’s racing highlights include championships in the Grand American Rolex Series GT class, and the Grand-Am Cup GS class. He is also a six-time Grand-Am Cup winner, including wins at Homestead-Miami, American Le Mans Series, Petit LeMans, and Road America.

This year, Craig is driving a Porsche 997 Cup car in the Grand American Koni Challenge Series. He started the 2008 racing season with a win at Daytona and is now the current points leader. He then went on to drive a Porsche 997 RSR at Sebring with VICI Racing Team. Craig plans on signing with TRG Racing, so you can check him out at various east-coast tracks such as Lime Rock, CT, and Watkins Glen, NY.

“I have been racing Porsches since 1995,�? recalls Craig. “I’ve driven for over 35 Porsche teams, and I’ve been very fortunate to be on some of the best teams in the world. The racing heritage and the history behind the car really impress me. They are built with endurance racing in mind. When you think of endurance racing, you always think of Porsche first. The dynamics are different with a Porsche racecar than with any other racecar I’ve ever driven. The engine and transmission are in the back, making them squirrelly to drive. I guess that’s why they appeal to me so much. I love the challenge.�?

Again, the food arrives at 6:30'ish, social starts at 7 p.m., and the meeting begins at 8 p.m.

Grumpy’s BBQ Roadhouse in Allentown will cater the event.

The menu is as follows:

BBQ Chicken

Baked Beans

Cucumber/Tomato Salad

Cake for dessert

Kutztown Birch Beer on Tap

For more info, go to http://www.grumpysbbq.net

Dust off the Porsche(s) and come out for this nice spring evening.  Bring your family and friends.  This event has been a great one in the past and I am sure it will be again this year.

-Graham (VeeP)

Knopf Automotive

3401 Lehigh St. Allentown PA. 18103

- Graham - 05-28-2008

TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See y'all there

-Graham

Knopf Automotive

3401 Lehigh St. Allentown PA. 18103

- Ccns23 - 05-28-2008

See ya in a couple hours!!Big Grin

- George3 - 05-28-2008

FANTASTIC event and RTR Club Meeting in Allentown.

Kudos!  What a great idea for a club meeting.
Great job to all that helped put together a great monthly meeting.  The venue was awesome and the speaker, Craig Stanton, was super as a speaker and race car driver. 

- Graham - 05-29-2008

Glad everyone could make it, it was really a good meeting. 

Craig Stanton, professional racecar driver told us his racing history and then spoke on some finer points regarding the racing line and preparation.  He even gave us some insight as to turn 5 at the Glen...how to go through it just that little bit faster.

I counted over 125 people indoors with another 25 milling about out side. 

Great turnout, thanks to Knopf Automotive for hosting. 

See you all next month at Possum Hollow Motorsports in Phoenixville.

-Graham (VP)

- George3 - 05-29-2008

Hats off to Graham & Company for an outstanding job last night !!!

- pearlcoupeg35 - 05-29-2008

Great time last night fellas.  Big thanks to Knopf, Graham, Craig, and everyone else who had a hand in making last night's event such a great time.

I am looking forward to the next event, as well as upcoming AutoX & DE events.

Cheers!

Jon  Cool