Riesentöter Forums
Car Show for Breast Cancer - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Thread: Car Show for Breast Cancer (/showthread.php?tid=1037)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

- Wellardmac - 03-25-2008

dmano wrote:
Quote:I'll bring the Chrysler it is so damn big it will take you 2 days to clean it.

Unfortunately, detailing the Porsche usually takes me most of the weekend... a nice detailed scrub down, use the oil and tar remover to get rid of stuff that's well stuck to the paintwork, then a 3 layer wax job to top it off... it will take most of the day just to do the exterior... thankfully it looks so good afterwards that the effort is worth it... well, for 20 minutes. Smile

..plus this time I'll have to do touchup on the scuff on the bottom of the bumper caused when the spoiler lip got damaged - that will take me the better part of a day just by itself.

- dmano - 03-25-2008

Have you ever clay bar'd the car?

- Wellardmac - 03-25-2008

It's funny that you mention it, but I do have a mcguires clay bar kit that I haven't used yet - I intended using it before the car went away for the winter but I never got around to waxing the exterior before I put the car away, so it's still sitting untried.

- dmano - 03-25-2008

Once you do a clay bar you will never go back.

To using anything else that is.

I do not use any other cleaning chemicals on my cars anymore.

The clay bar will remove everything from the paint. Follow the directions explicitly, use LOTS of water I put in a very small drop of car wash soap in the spray bottle. to help the bar move across the paint. Make sure you nead the bar after every section and keep it wet at all times.

The clay bar will make your paint pop in the sun. I use it on the paint and the glass as it will remove all grease, bugs and any chemicals there too. Try it before you use anything else if it does not do as I say I will wash your car for the rest of the year.
 Trust me your car will look better than when it was new. Wax the car after your done. I use Mothers Gold

- Wellardmac - 03-26-2008

dmano wrote:
Quote:Once you do a clay bar you will never go back.

The clay bar will remove everything from the paint. Follow the directions explicitly, use LOTS of water I put in a very small drop of car wash soap in the spray bottle. to help the bar move across the paint. Make sure you nead the bar after every section and keep it wet at all times.

The clay bar will make your paint pop in the sun. I use it on the paint and the glass as it will remove all grease, bugs and any chemicals there too. Try it before you use anything else if it does not do as I say I will wash your car for the rest of the year.
Trust me your car will look better than when it was new. Wax the car after your done. I use Mothers Gold

Cool! Thanks for the advice. I'd love to try it, but am dreading the amount of time it will take to do it well. I need to find the combination of time and motivation to get it done. Smile

I'll see if I can do it this weekend. I also use Mothers wax... I'm doing the 3 step system this time with the strip, seal and wax coats, so we'll see how that goes.

- JAB993 - 03-26-2008

dmano wrote:
Quote:I cant make the meeting tomorrow night I will be at the aeroporto to pick up the wife. If you can let the masses know about the show that would be great.

Thanks all
Do you have a time?

- Porshagod - 03-27-2008

We intend to be there!

- Ccns23 - 03-28-2008

I shouldn't have a problem coming out that day.

- Wellardmac - 03-29-2008

dmano wrote:
Quote:Once you do a clay bar you will never go back.

The clay bar will remove everything from the paint. Follow the directions explicitly, use LOTS of water I put in a very small drop of car wash soap in the spray bottle. to help the bar move across the paint. Make sure you nead the bar after every section and keep it wet at all times.

The clay bar will make your paint pop in the sun. I use it on the paint and the glass as it will remove all grease, bugs and any chemicals there too. Try it before you use anything else if it does not do as I say I will wash your car for the rest of the year.

Well, I took your advice and broke out the clay bar - thanks for the motivation. The results (see the thread I posted) are awesome - looks great. Now if only it wasn't freezing this morning when I started! My fingers were pretty cold and ice was forming on the car as I was using the clay bar. Thankfully things warmed up a little by 9:30 so that it was only mildly painful on the fingers to be washing the car in the cold. Big Grin

- StCroixDrew - 04-04-2008

Did we ever get a time of the show? Cracker Barrel for breakfast?