Riesentöter Forums
Mazda Rx-7 DE / RACE CAR Available - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Mazda Rx-7 DE / RACE CAR Available (/showthread.php?tid=1040)

Pages: 1 2

- TRAK HO - 02-25-2008

Before this car hits the market on eBay and other sites, I wanted to offer my Rx-7 to fellow RTR members.  This car has served me VERY well as it has other members of prominence in our Club.  This is your chance to own a piece of RTR History for $6,000.  I am also offering the trailer for the car for an additional $1,500.   Check out the For Sale section for more information.  Thanks

- JIMK - 02-28-2008

I want to know what replaced it!  Pictures please:-)

- TRAK HO - 02-28-2008

Not sure yet what will replace the HO.  You never forget your first.

- JIMK - 02-29-2008

Look towards a 968 my friend  - you can get to 270 hp without a lot of $$ and the car is sooooo balanced.  Can't be as dramatic a change as that to a rear engine from the Ho.  You'll love it.

Plus $ for $ You'll get a lot more 968 than you would 911, 964, 993, 996 0r 997.  You may even be rattling the cages of some of those earlier cars... :-)

two cents

- Marty Kocse - 02-29-2008

JIMK wrote:
Quote:Look towards a 968 my friend - you can get to 270 hp without a lot of $$ and the car is sooooo balanced. Can't be as dramatic a change as that to a rear engine from the Ho. You'll love it.

Plus $ for $ You'll get a lot more 968 than you would 911, 964, 993, 996 0r 997. You may even be rattling the cages of some of those earlier cars... :-)

two cents

Don't want to burst your bubble but... Doesn't the 968's exclusivity make them a little more expensive to fix when they break (parts, etc.)? I know the internet has definitiely helped out, making it much easier to find parts. But I would think that 911 parts may be more readily available.

Come to think of it, what do I know anyway... I just went to the dealer for state inspection and emissions and came out with another $500 bill.

- Brian Minkin - 02-29-2008

Marty,

You got off cheap.  The last state inspection I had done at a Porsche Dealer the bill was $1700 and they did warrenty work on the car as well. Sad 

- Marty Kocse - 02-29-2008

Brian Minkin wrote:
Quote:Marty,

You got off cheap. The last state inspection I had done at a Porsche Dealer the bill was $1700 and they did warrenty work on the car as well. Sad

As I wrote that I swear I was remembering your situation and thinking that very same thing... Although, my car passed inspection with flying colors. Thanks to Steve Mankowski for letting me borrow his wheels and tires

Unfortunately, I had a little bearing noise coming from one of the belt tensioners and a lot of noise coming from the other one. That bill alone would have kept me under $500 and I even told Steve I couldn't believe I got out of there that easy, but I should have known better. As fate would have it, when the tech went to shut off my car after his work was done, the idiot lights stayed on and he informed me that this is a common problem - ignition starting to go. Didn't want to get to VIR and not be able to start/stop the car. So, I had to have that replaced also. And BINGO - I broke the $500 mark. Never fails...

- JIMK - 03-02-2008

No P-Car is cheap to repair once we're on this slippery slope.  944,951 & 968 are the rare birds of the flock - so there aren't a lot of parts or cars out there. 

I think he's replacing that old RX-7 with a Toyota.., Nascar did :-)

- Mark Fox - 03-03-2008

Smile In the HO spirit and staying with Red, there is a red RS America available.

As for repair cost, they are all expensive. :X  When talking about the 44's and 51's, these cars are approaching or have passed the 20 year mark and it cost $$$ to replace everything.  The 68's and 1990's 911's haven't hit this level of replacement yet, but it is getting closer.

- TRAK HO - 03-03-2008

help me sell the HO first and then we can look at replacements