Riesentöter Forums
this weekend started out great, ended strong despite the weather - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: this weekend started out great, ended strong despite the weather (/showthread.php?tid=1050)

Pages: 1 2

- michael lang - 04-27-2008

Thanks to Jack for teaching an excellent course, thanks to Carol for putting the whole thing together, thanks to Tom running the show, and thanks to David West for sharing his knowledge to make this weekend very productive in my drivers' education. I cannot wait until June.

This weekend was very productive as I primarily focused on car momentum and correct positioning of the car going into the turns. The last 2 sessions were expecially good in that I was able to put the whole weekend together and finish out our opening event on a very positive note. I don't know what my speeds were because I don't have any data acquistion equipment but I know I was definitely smoother and carried much more speed both going into and coming out of the turns. A couple of things I still need alot of work on are holding the steering steady in one place going around "the hook" and also the "karrousel". By the end of the weekend I was definitely much faster through both but I still have a long way to go.

- APXD 30 - 04-28-2008

Nice to see everyone this weekend and ditto on the thanks to our volunteers who make it possible.

Mike, it was nice meeting you in person.

- michael lang - 04-28-2008

Yes, likewise. It was really great being able to finally put alot of faces with names. I had alot of fun this past weekend.

- George3 - 04-28-2008

Hi Mike,

Glad you had a nice weekend at Shenandoah.  I too drove this track for the first time and found out why it has differing views.  It's a great track... but not so much for my GT3....  The underside of my GT3 was really taking a lot of punishment because it sits so low. 

On the other hand, I was loving it on Sunday with the WRX.   I was able to slide and rotate the WRX pretty well in most all of the turns. 

And, "Thanks" to all those who made this wonderful event possible, and great to see all my RTR friends !!!

- michael lang - 04-28-2008

George it was really nice meeting you in person on Sat. morning. I had been on this course last season and absolutely fell in love with it. I watched you in the Subby, you looked liked you were having fun. I also saw you messing around in the black Lotus on Sunday, could there be a Lotus in your future?

- George3 - 04-28-2008

<< I also saw you messing around in the black Lotus on Sunday, could there be a Lotus in your future? >>

............ Well, Catchacab says I need a "cloudy day" car.Tongue

Nice meeting you, too !

- AMoore - 04-28-2008

Great event except for a couple mishaps.  I had a great time and I am looking forward to Pocono.  That track is a great equalizer for lower hp cars.  Josh and Jen, I was very impressed with the bunny until the tires gave out.  I thought I was just getting faster until Jen told me you guys had to go to street tires. 

I would, however, have prefered a pig roast like the last couple years.  It would have also given a break to Mike, Steve, Paul, and all of the others who worked hard at the grill.  These guys already give so much to the club.

- ninjabones - 04-28-2008

What a weekend!!! I had a blast from the time I arrived (Graham, thanks for helping me relive my fraternity days on Friday night) until Sunday evening.  Too bad the weather didn't pan out for us today at Summit with DelVal BMW CCA. 

Jenn and Josh, I have to admit that I love dive-bars with husky barmaids named Spike (too bad you guys didn't agree).  For the rest of you low-brow types, Bogey's in Inwood serves a great burger and chili... as long as you can take the smoke and don't get turned off by the one-way mirror security check-point at the back door. 

Anyway, I had fun battling with Steve M. on Saturday and found a few new playmates on Sunday (Jeff, that was an epic battle in our last session on Sunday).  I'll shoot you the video when I get a chance to download it. 

- APXD 30 - 04-28-2008

Glen, congrats on the promotion!   The food at Bogey's was good and we enjoyed your company.   Regarding the second-hand smoke, I guess whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger....scratch that.....there's empirical evidence on this one.Smile

- KennyB - 04-28-2008

Great weekend, even with the washed out last session on Sat.  Only my second DE, and first time on this track.  Now I know what you mean, Aaron, when you call this one "technical"!

Can't wait for Pocono.  Hope to see you guys there.