Riesentöter Forums
APRIL AX article - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Autocross (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Thread: APRIL AX article (/showthread.php?tid=1084)

Pages: 1 2 3

- STEVEMCMORN - 04-05-2008

[/i][/b] 2008 RTR AutoX Season Launch:Big Grin[/i][/b][/i][/b]

Saturday May 3[suP]rd[/suP] - AutoX Classroom Session
Where:[/b] Specialty Cars, 804 North Gilmore Street, Allentown, PA. 18109-1812.
http://www.specialtycarsservicecenter.com Phone: 610-437-9333.
Start time:[/b] 11am – 2pm with lunch provided.

National AutoX Champion Dave Newman has kindly agreed to talk to our members about the fundamentals of AutoX; provide advice on car set up and give a practical demonstration of how to ‘walk and read’ an AutoX course.  Dave’s awesome championship winning Porsche 911 will be on display as well.  This classroom session is sure to be of great interest and very useful to anyone who wants to drive AutoX this year, whether you are a novice yet to compete in your first event, or a seasoned veteran trying to find that elusive 2/10[suP]th[/suP]’s that will take you from 4[suP]th[/suP] to 1[suP]st[/suP] place! Please look at the forum nearer the date for other exciting non-RTR sanctioned follow-up activities at the local go-kart track after our AutoX classroom session

UPDATE 1) IF YOU ARE PLANNING ON ATTENDING THIS CLASSROOM SESSION, PLEASE E-MAIL stevemcmorn@hotmail.com SO WE KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE TO CATER FOR LUNCH

UPDATE 2) This classroom overlaps with DE Tech on Saturday morning but by good luck, both tech and the classroom session will be held in Allentown. If you planning to attend both events, please arrive at Knopf for DE Tech at 9am and we will do our best to prioritise those attending the classroom session.

Sunday May 4[suP]th[/suP] - RTR AutoX Roadshow Event #1[/b]
[/b]2008 Riesentöter AutoX+ Roadshow
Presented by Specialty Cars of Allentown PA 
http://www.specialtycarsservicecenter.com

Where:[/b] Warminster Community Park with the Philadelphia Sports Car Club of America.
Info and directions:[/b] http://www.phillyscca.com/schedule/program_schedule.htm#solo
Start time: Morning session requested – exact time to be confirmed. RTR members will compete against each other in our very own ‘R’ class. For those interested in competing in our ‘Just for Fun’ RTR AutoX+ Roadshow Championship, we will run with a handicapping system (PAX) in an attempt to keep a level playing field between different cars.  The PAX scoring will be based on the Maverick PCA PAX system for Porsches and a modified SCCA PAX for non-Porsches and you will need a PAX factor to be eligible for championship points. In one of our minor tweaks to last years rules, in 2008 championship points will be awarded according to the F1 system: 1[suP]st[/suP]-10, 2[suP]nd[/suP]- 8, 3[suP]rd[/suP]-7 …. all the way down to 2 points for 8[suP]th[/suP] place with all competitors getting 1 point for attending.  The PAX calculation methods will be posted on the forum by Vytenis (“V�?) within the next few weeks If you have any questions on Classing or PAX, please e-mail ‘V’ at RTRAutoX@hotmail.com. Finally, remember to check out the RTR PCA online forum for the most up to date AutoX news and information http://rtr.mywowbb.com/forum3

Any other questions??? E-mail Steve at  stevemcmorn@hotmail.com 

[/b]Cheers,

Steve and “V�?

2008 RTR AutoX Committee

- Mark@Specialty Cars - 04-09-2008

Steve,

I just wanted to let you know that we are looking forward to the May 3rd Autocross get together here at the shop.  It will be a great way to kick off the season.

I will also be going to to the Philly SCCA event the next day in Warminster and will be happy to help anyone from RTR with anything Autocross related.

Dave
Specialty Cars

- STEVEMCMORN - 04-15-2008

Dave@Specialty Cars wrote:
Quote:Steve,

I just wanted to let you know that we are looking forward to the May 3rd Autocross get together here at the shop. It will be a great way to kick off the season. I will also be going to to the Philly SCCA event the next day in Warminster and will be happy to help anyone from RTR with anything Autocross related.
Quote:Dave
Specialty Cars

Thanks Dave - we are really looking forward to this - your presentation involving drivings videos etc sounds great and I'm sure all of our attendees will find the presentation very interesting and useful. The e-mail blast seems to have worked well as I've had 6 e-mails in the last 24 hours from people planning to attend!

Cheers

Steve

- STEVEMCMORN - 04-15-2008

FYI ... following the same question from a couple of people

The AX classroom session on Saturday 3rd May at 11am is FREE!

& the Philly SCCA AX on Sunday 4th May will be $30-40 ish - I'll check and update later

- Vytenis - 04-15-2008

Dave,

Looking forward to your classroom instruction.  I've seen you out on the course and your performance is impressive!

"V"

- kewerner - 04-21-2008

Thanks for putting together the classroom session, I'm looking forward to it.  Hopefully I can learn a few things to help shave a few seconds off my times (I have plenty of room for improvement).

Karl

- STEVEMCMORN - 04-21-2008

Many of us will be in Allentown on Sat 3rd May for DE tech and then AX classroom.

As Allentown is quite a hike for most, does anyone fancy making the most of the trip by going Gokarting afterwards at say 3pm??

I think we can just turn up for a practice session rather than booking the entire thing?? 

Details = Lehigh Valley Grand Prix, LLC
649 South 10th Street
Allentown, PA 18103

1.610.432.RACE
1.866.577.5278 - Toll Free

- Vytenis - 05-03-2008

Autocross classroom session was great.  Thanks Dave and Mark.  I've been to an SCCA autocross school where they taught how to take different types of corners, slaloms, etc., but Dave's presentation put it all together.  Now we'll try to put today's lesson into practice tomorrow.

- dmanderson - 05-04-2008

Steve,

I would like to thank you and Dave Newman for putting on the class last Staurday. It was to me the most useful instruction on autocross I have ever had. Dave's presentation was practical, clear, and made so much sense. Of course, the trick will be doing it, but it was really excellent. I look forward to applying what I have learned. I will be curious if any of the beginners who went to Warminster will post. And also  a thank you  to Mark at Specialty cars. His shop looked like a neat place to work.

Dwight Anderson     

- Vytenis - 05-04-2008

Had a great time at the Warminster SCCA autocross.  Walked the course with Dave Newman explaing the line.   I was not able to visualize the entire course in my head, but I used Steve's technique of drawing the course during my walkthrough.   Reviewing this during the wait for the next run helped.   I was not the fastest (by far), but an instructor on my 3d run said I had a good line, I just had to go faster.

A quote attributed to Arnold Palmer..." The more I practice, the luckier I get".

"V"