Riesentöter Forums
Summit Point - Track Changes - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Summit Point - Track Changes (/showthread.php?tid=1085)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Tony356993 - 03-21-2008

Just returned home from SP with Schattenbaum.

Gone is our perfectly smooth asphalt. T5 and T6 have had asphalt "patches" installed. T5 does not give you the klunk like the old SP but it is very bumpy now from the apex and for about 20 feet after apex. T6 has the patch start just where you tap the brakes and is also very bumpy for about 20 feet.

I guess they could not (and did not) do the proper prep work before repaving last year. If they would have handled the water problems in these 2 corners maybe the asphalt may not have been ruined and thus patched.Nice weather today but I bailed out and drove home since it is to snow and rain most of the day Saturday.

- michael lang - 03-22-2008

DAMN!!

I had seen alot of the pictures from last fall's repaving of the main circuit and for the most part all that was done was just laying fresh asphalt on top of the exiting track surface. It was just a matter of time that the new surface was start to deteriorate. I just wish it wouldn't have started so soon.

Although how can I complain when the track is only 40 mins from my front door.

- Brian Minkin - 03-22-2008

I understand that they had left the cement under these two turns originally and it shifted or something so they had to dig out the cement and repave these two turns.

Maybe it will settle out as the weather gets warmer. Smile

- Darren - 03-22-2008

Yeah, that was a questionable decision at the time, they paved right over everything.

- Tony356993 - 03-22-2008

If you did not drive the new surface last year you will never know what you are missing but it really does suck that they did not plan ahead.

- catchacab - 03-22-2008

They just don't get it.  It is easier to do it right the first time, then to have to redo it again.

We are just a stupid, because we still keep going back.

- George3 - 03-22-2008

Tony356993 wrote:
Quote:Just returned home from SP with Schattenbaum.

Gone is our perfectly smooth asphalt. T5 and T6 have had asphalt "patches" installed. T5 does not give you the klunk like the old SP but it is very bumpy now from the apex and for about 20 feet after apex. T6 has the patch start just where you tap the brakes and is also very bumpy for about 20 feet.

I guess they could not (and did not) do the proper prep work before repaving last year. If they would have handled the water problems in these 2 corners maybe the asphalt may not have been ruined and thus patched.Nice weather today but I bailed out and drove home since it is to snow and rain most of the day Saturday.

Tony,

It was nice seeing you at SP.

My car has firm and soft suspension settings, and I found the "soft" setting was better through T5-T6 with all its new bumps. Problem is, I liked the firm setting for the remaing track and I didn't want to fiddle with the buttons during the turn-ins - - so "firm" was the setting most of the time.

I stayed for the last day and I was out for the first run session of the day @ 9:00 am. Track was cold and damp, but no rain at that time, so I kept the suspension setting on soft in the 3. By the time the second session for me was staging, that's when the snow showers began, so I went to get the subie. The subie did awesome in the wet with mild drifting in the wet turns. I could feel the AWD was on most of the time and I could smell the brakes from the hard braking. After the end of the 2nd session, I called it a great and safe weekend . . . packed up and went home.

- Mark Fox - 03-26-2008

Since we are speaking about the track, can someone explaine, why at t2, and t-9 track outs the surface just disapears and the track cuts back in 3 feet?  Also at the end apex of T-9 there is a loss of surface, which you get very close to as your looking well ahead to track out. Confusedhock: 

- Darren - 03-26-2008

When they repaved it they paved over anywhere in the dirt that people were running over and there was no grass...so some places there are those juts out that end abruptly.

- Phokaioglaukos - 09-03-2008

Summit Point is being repaved today. The line in T1 is being ground down now. I'll see it again for the last MAARS race at the end of the month--fingers crossed! It was pretty bad last weekend.