Riesentöter Forums
2008 Bethlehem Concours Update - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Concours (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+--- Thread: 2008 Bethlehem Concours Update (/showthread.php?tid=1141)

Pages: 1 2

- RSAmerica1 - 04-22-2008

Hey Everyone - June 1 is getting close.  Please see details below on meeting spot and time, plus more for the Concours in Bethlehem.  So far I have 20+ cars on the list, with more sure to show interest over the next few weeks.  Should be a great day!

As I've posted earlier, RTR has been invited to attend The Concours d’Elegance of the Eastern United States in Bethlehem, PA, as part of their Car Club section on Sunday, June 1, 2008.  The Concours benefits the Burn Prevention Foundation, and brings together a first-class showfield of cars, including pre-war and post-war classics and sports cars.  Previous Porsche entries have included 356 Speedsters, various 911’s, and even one of the original Porsche 901’s.  More information on the show can be found at http://www.concourseast.org  
The Concours is held at Northampton Community College (3835 Long Pond Road, Bethlehem, PA).  For participating in the Car Club section, RTR members who attend with their Porsches will receive complimentary Concours entry-tickets for each person in the vehicle (maximum 4 per car).  Tickets will be distributed upon arrival as a group to the entrance gate (see below) and the group will park together in a reserved location in the Car Club section.  

We need to provide the show organizers with the total number of RTR cars by May 15 so that an appropriate parking area can be designated for us.  ** Please contact Pete Cheplick at 610-393-0030 or pcheplick@yahoo.com by May 15 if you will be attending. 

Schedule:
-         Meet at 8:30am in the Sears Essentials parking lot on Route 191 in Bethlehem, just off Route 22 (make left at light onto 191 after exiting Route 22 East or West; Sears Essentials is approximately 1/8 mile on the right by McDonald’s).
-         We will organize and leave as a caravan for the Concours at 9:00am. 
-         Arrive at Concours show site (< 5 minutes from meeting spot) and stay for as long as you’d like. 
-         Food & beverage vendors are available at the show site, or bring your own. 
-         NO ALCOHOL PERMITTED ON SHOW GROUNDS OR PARKING AREA

Please contact Pete Cheplick with any questions or for more information.  We are looking forward to seeing a lot of RTR Porsches and members and enjoying the day at the Concours!

- RSAmerica1 - 05-20-2008

Hey everyone.  An update on the Concours coming up on June 1.  To date I have 38 cars (and 52 people) that have responded as attending which is great news.  Cars ranging from 356's to 2007 Turbo's, so it will be a nice group to park together at the Concours.  We can accomodate a few last minute cars if anyone is still interested and has not yet responded.  Just let me know as soon as you can.

I"ll send out one more note before the event, and will look forward to seeing everyone at 8:30am at the meeting spot.  I will distribute the entry tickets at that time and then we will caravan to the show site which is only 5 minutes away. 

Let me know if there are any questions I can answer. 

Pete

- Porshagod - 05-20-2008

Do you have a full address for the Sears Essentials store?

- RSAmerica1 - 05-21-2008

Sears Essentials
3843 Linden Street
Bethlehem, PA  18020

Linden Street is also Route 191.  The store is near the junction of Routes 191 and Route 22 East or West, by making a left at the light at the end of the exit ramp and heading south for about 1/8 - 1/4 mile.  Store is on the right side, just past McDonald's.  There is a large parking lot out front which will make for an easy spot for meeting. 

- RSAmerica1 - 06-08-2008

Hey everyone - here are some pics from last week's Concours in Bethlehem.  Thanks to all who attended (about 25 cars and a bunch of great people).  Good thing the show is not today (95 degrees!). 

Next year we can try this again and maybe have more activites during the day (mini-concours, picnic, etc). 

Pete

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4 - Bugatti Veyron

Pic 5 - Duesenberg