Riesentöter Forums
Fourth event in the RTR AX+ Roadshow Series - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Autocross (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Thread: Fourth event in the RTR AX+ Roadshow Series (/showthread.php?tid=1185)

Pages: 1 2 3

- STEVEMCMORN - 07-03-2008

2008 Riesentöter AutoX+ Roadshow
Presented by Specialty Cars of Allentown PA

http://www.specialtycarsservicecenter.com

The FOURTH AutoX event of the 2008 'RTR AutoX+ Roadshow' will be the North New Jersey PCA AutoX at Giants Stadium in ~2 weeks time on Sunday 20[suP]th[/suP] July.

Directions

Giants Stadium, Meadowlands Sports Complex: [b]LOT #18[/b]
http://www.meadowlands.com/directions.asp?navID=8

From NJ Turnpike: Follow signs for Western Extension to Exit 16W. This exit provides direct access to the parking areas in the Sports Complex

Start time – 

Registration opens 8:00 am

Walk The Course

Novice Walk-Through approx. 9:30 am

Driver's Meeting approx. 9:45 am

First Car Off approx. 10:00 am

End Of Day Trophies approx. 4:00 pm

Click link for more info - http://www.nnjr-pca.com/site/index.php?module=ContentExpress&file=index&func=display&ceid=5&meid=1

Post event refreshments[/b] -  we are starting a new tradition of having lunch and a beer after each event – all invited – final location to be agreed at the end of the event.

Caravan – suggest meet at a service station on I-95N at 7am … but not sure which one? Which one is closest to point where PA turnpike (276) joins I95?? UPDATE: The first service plaza, on the NJ Trp. is approximately 5 miles north of exit 6 (Pa. turnpike).

Price - $35 for PCA members / $40 non-PCA members

Registration – walk ups OK for RTR members

Parking - all try to park together when we get there

Safety - you will need a Helmet which must be rated Snell 95 rated or newer, "M" or "SA"

PAX Championship- Points will be awarded for attendance & final position at this event.

If coming, pls add a note to the forum so we know how many attendees to expect and let us know if you plan to join the caravan

Cheers

Steve & Vee

- STEVEMCMORN - 07-03-2008

Sponsored by:

- MikeKling - 07-05-2008

Steve,

I checked the NNJ site.  There doesn't appear to be any way to register.  Are we just going to do walk up registration?

Mike

- betegh9 - 07-05-2008

The first service plaza, on the NJ Trp. is approximately 5 miles north of exit 6 (Pa. turnpike). this is the best place to buy gas, cheaper than in Pa......... CAUTION! Fill to ONLY 3/8th tank, so you can race with only 1/4 tank at Giant's Stadium. We should leave that fuel stop at 7:30am, the latest!!

As far as lunch is concerned, The event runs continuously (no lunch breaks), but with lots of participants, you will only have to work one session, therefore giving you lots of time to grab a bite. I usually bring a cooler with bottles of COLD water and bite size snacks (carrots, grapes, cherries, Jalapeno pepers, etc. there are NO places to buy food at the sports complex unless you like to wait for the Giants opener in September. Confusedhock:Confusedhock:TongueTongue

After the event ends, there are several places to sit in AC and chug a few liters of brew.

- STEVEMCMORN - 07-10-2008

MikeKling wrote:
Quote:I checked the NNJ site. There doesn't appear to be any way to register. Are we just going to do walk up registration?

Hey Mike - sorry for belated reply - been playing phone tag with NNJR PCA guy

He is planning to setting up online registration via motorsportreg.com (like us!) but hasn't got 'round to it yet -- however, as PCA members we do not need to pre-reg as we are guaranteed a spot .... as long as you bring your PCA membership card

Cheers

S

betegh9 wrote:
Quote:The first service plaza, on the NJ Trp. is approximately 5 miles north of exit 6 (Pa. turnpike). this is the best place to buy gas, cheaper than in Pa.........
Quote:After the event ends, there are several places to sit in AC and chug a few liters of brew.

Hey Nick

what's the name of this service station? Suggest we meet there at 7am for 7.15am departure - pls advise and i will update info at the top

Post-event meal and drinks -- Ok, you're in charge of this

Cheers

Steve

- betegh9 - 07-10-2008

STEVEMCMORN wrote:
Quote:betegh9 wrote:
Quote:The first service plaza, on the NJ Trp. is approximately 5 miles north of exit 6 (Pa. turnpike). this is the best place to buy gas, cheaper than in Pa.........
Quote:After the event ends, there are several places to sit in AC and chug a few liters of brew.

Hey Nick

what's the name of this service station? Suggest we meet there at 7pm for 7.15 departure - pls advise and i will update info at the top

Post-event meal and drinks -- Ok, you're in charge of this

Cheers

Steve

I do not know the name of the service plaza, but you can't miss it. The ride to Giants Stadium is 1 hr from there. Arriving at 8:30 will give anyone plenty of time to register and walk the course SEVERAL times.

Confusedhock:Confusedhock: But I must say that they do not have motels there, so if you plan to be there at "7pm" you may end up sleeping in your car till I arrive the next morning.Big GrinBig GrinTongueTongueTongue:dude:

betegh9 wrote:
Quote:=But I must say that they do not have motels there, so if you plan to be there at "7pm" you may end up sleeping in your car till I arrive the next morning.Big GrinBig Grin
...already corrected!

- JimWirt - 07-10-2008

See you guys at the service station. Nick maybe I will follow you up instead of back.

- STEVEMCMORN - 07-19-2008

UPDATE - Lets meet at "The first service plaza, on the NJ Trp. is approximately 5 miles north of exit 6 (Pa. turnpike)'' at 7am to leave at 7.15am on the dot --- I think this is Woodrow Wilson but don't ask me, I'm English.

If any problems, lets just meet at Giants stadium

I'll PM those I know are coming with my cell number

Cheers

Steve