Riesentöter Forums
Fourth event in the RTR AX+ Roadshow Series - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Autocross (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Thread: Fourth event in the RTR AX+ Roadshow Series (/showthread.php?tid=1185)

Pages: 1 2 3

- MikeKling - 07-19-2008

I'll be there.  Call if any changes 215-828-1864

Mike Kling

- Heck - 07-20-2008

Hello all, I was out today shooting the event for a short time. If you have any question just let me know. Enjoy.

Link to photo gallery. http://heck.zenfolio.com/p114299863/

- jmazz - 07-21-2008

So, what did I miss?  All I could think about yesterday was that I'd rather be autocrossing. 

Take your time posting the updated standings, V.  I'm in no hurry to see my name drop 6 spots.

- Vytenis - 07-21-2008

Yeah, what did we miss?  I couldn't make it either.

"V"

- MikeKling - 07-21-2008

How do I cut and paste my pic?  I want to use it for a new Avatar.  I tried a couple different ways and couldn't get it to work.

Mike

- JimWirt - 07-21-2008

Thanks for waiting around for me guys. Finaly made it home at ten thirty. Tow truck operator had no clue!

- Vytenis - 07-21-2008

JimWirt wrote:
Quote:Thanks for waiting around for me guys. Finaly made it home at ten thirty. Tow truck operator had no clue!
Jim,

This certainly will require a little more explanation...

"V"

- MikeKling - 07-22-2008

Well, I guess someone has to tell the tale of our road trip to New Jersey, so here is the slightly fractured version of what happened.

We all met as planned on the NJ Turnpike.  The four of us were eager to get going.  After a quit poll we realized that none of us knew where to go.  Geza volunteered his MapQwest printout but was reluctant to navigate.  No one else was willing to put there navigational intellect on the line to lead the pack.  Just about the time we were drawing straws to determine the navigator, Nick pulled up.  He agreed to take the lead.  After a quick muffin, Nick took off forgetting to check if all were ready.  Jim Wirt had yet to gas up.  And then there were four.

Jim quickly caught up, no doubt due to his Ultimate Driving Machine and we were five again.  We arrived to perfect weather.  Perfect if you are a lizard in the desert trying to get a tan.  The temperature was in the high 90’s, on the rise with no clouds to be seen.  After a somewhat disorganized check in, a slathering of SPF 50 sun block and water bottles in hand, we were ready to go.

The morning went great, but the afternoon was plagued by timing problem delays.  Our onboard outside temperature readings now had us slowly baking in 100+ degree temperatures’.  “I’ve had four bottles of water and haven’t pee’d�? exclaimed Jim.  We were all very proud of his accomplishment.  Jim proved to be the wisest of us all since the portable toilets hadn’t been emptied since the end of the NFL season.

After two runs in the afternoon, the heat proved too much for Jim’s Bimmer (or is it Beemer?) and its radiator cracked.  Maybe it decided to leak since Jim didn’t.  The rest of us finished our runs, consoling Jim at the end of each.  Jim had arranged for a tow truck but it wasn’t clear when it would show.

The lot quickly cleared at day’s end.  The sweat, dirt and tire rubber dust had chemically bonded to our sun block turning our skin a patina of rust colored hues.  Tired, hot, dehydrated and hungry we decided to find a local tavern.  Jim was reluctant to abandon his car, and we were reluctant to leave him.  There was talk earlier a roving band of Giant fans still partying over last year’s winning season.  We knew Jim couldn’t pass for a Giant’s fan.  We convinced him to go with us.  Now where were we going?

Nick, our local expert, disappeared, so we convinced a local NNJR-PCA member to guide us to the nearest eatery.  After a great meal and re-hydration we all felt like new men.  Not knowing where we started from and going to a place that we did not know proved to be a bad idea.  Within in an instant we collectively realized that we were lost on top of being lost.  “How can we NOT find a stadium?  Let’s just drive that way, we’re sure to see it.�? said Mike pointed to the East.  After taking an hour tour of the highways and byways of Rutherford, NJ we finally stumbled onto the stadium.  The tow truck driver was having difficulty locating us as well.  Jim, who speaks fluent New Jersey, was able to direct him in.

Steve, now low on fuel, had to leave.  A stadium parking lot totally empty, with a setting sun is a lonely place.  Geza and Mike stayed with Jim until the friendly tow truck arrived.  He only spoke New York, but Jim was able to change his dialect an communicate his wishes.

That’s the whole story, with an embellishment or two, for your amusement.  Hope you enjoyed it. 

- jmazz - 07-22-2008

That's quite the saga.  Thanks for sharing it.  When I read that Jim's car needed a tow my first guess was the upper radiator neck cracking.  If that's not where it broke it would have soon so it's not the worst part to have to replace on that car. 

Now, more importantly, before Jim's car let loose was he able to set a fast enough time to keep Steve low in the points?  If everyone beat Steve it's possible that he'll only get 5 points.  I'm scared that if he scores another first place finish he'll have the championship almost locked up.

- MikeKling - 07-22-2008

You win the prize.  That's exactly what broke.  I think Steve was comfortably ahead before it broke.  As for me, I am comfortably bringing up the rear.