Riesentöter Forums
Storage question - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Classifieds (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: For Sale (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Thread: Storage question (/showthread.php?tid=119)

Pages: 1 2

- cjbcpa - 10-11-2006

Would the group have an interest or a referral to someone looking for secure storage for about 20 cars?

I live on a piece of property with a 20,000 sq ft building. My in-laws have run a retail business out of the building for nearly 50 years and are looking to retire. One possibilty is to rent the building for another use. The basement could reasonably accomodate about 20 cars by my estimate. There are three garage door bays. Two into generally open space. One of them opens into a large single bay with with a ceiling at lease 14 ft high. Basement has heat available.

They're not looking to make a killing on the rent, just produce enough cashflow to maintain the building and pay the R/E taxes. Building is in a rural location close to the Quakertown interchange on the NE extension.

Any thoughts?

CB

- smankow - 10-11-2006

it's got potential for garage rental space and also trailers, too.

what is the approx rent?

Steve

- Tony356993 - 10-11-2006

Steve,

You can store your car at my place. I can practice my car control skills over the winter. Big Grin

- cjbcpa - 10-11-2006

No firm ideas on the rent. If 20 cars was the capacity is $1500 - $2,000 per month reasonable?

CB

- smankow - 10-11-2006

so you're figuring on approx. $100 per month per car, right?

Steve

- cjbcpa - 10-12-2006

Yes, I think the price needs to be in that range to make it work.

- IMQKRNU - 11-13-2006

$100 per car would be fair on a single car price, but if someone stepped up and rented the whole space, $4.50-$5.00 per square foot seems to be the going rate for 5-10k sqft of car warehouse space.  At least that's what I've found as we've searched for space.  If it's heated or has drains for washing, it might bring a touch more. 

- ccm911 - 11-13-2006

cjbcpa wrote:
Quote: Building is in a rural location close to the Quakertown interchange on the NE extension.

I think that the above may have some bearing on the potential price. Dave, were you looking closer to the Main Line or West Chester areas?

A friend just rentd a space that fits his trailer and car for $140/mo on the Main Line.

- hoosierdaddy - 12-29-2006

Hi,

I just moved to New Hope from Memphis and am looking for a place to store a car in an enclosed trailer along with a tow vehicle. Did anything ever transpire with this place, or anyone know somewhere else in Bucks County that is reasonable? The car prefers indoor storage. The truck does not care too much. Thanks.

- cjbcpa - 10-10-2008

It has taken nearly a year, but over 50 years of "stuff" has been cleaned out of the above referenced shop.

We've found a tenant for the main floor, so I am in a position to make the basement available for car storage at an attractive Riesentoter only rate.

If a club member or a referral is interested in storage, I am looking to rent about six spaces at a month-to-month rate of $50 or an annual rate of $420 ($35/mo). This is for storage only; access will be limited to mutually agreeable weekends and evenings.

I'm happy to answer any questions; please shoot me a private message and I'll get right back to you.

CB