Riesentöter Forums
Grand Am At New Jersey Motorsports Park - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Club Racing (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Grand Am At New Jersey Motorsports Park (/showthread.php?tid=1198)

Pages: 1 2

- Brian Minkin - 07-03-2008

Grand Am is going to be at NJMP on August 29th to 31st.  Grand Am Koni Challenge on the 30th and Grand Am Rolex on the 31st.  Want to organize a group to go to the Rolex on the 31st?

- Tony356993 - 07-05-2008

I'm heading down on the 31st. Big Grin

- AMoore - 07-08-2008

Great idea Brian.

- dmano - 07-09-2008

Before going down check with the track too see if they will be finished paving. As of today they are behind schedule. We have an SVRA race 2 weeks before and may have to cancel or move to the smaller track, the smaller track looks like it won't be too great to use to race on but ok for DE. Not wide enough and not enough places to make a clean pass under race conditions.

- Tony356993 - 07-09-2008

Quote:Before going down check with the track too see if they will be finished paving. As of today they are behind schedule. We have an SVRA race 2 weeks before and may have to cancel or move to the smaller track
I'm sure there is a little more incentive to have the track ready for Grand-Am then there is to have it ready for SVRA. It will be ready.

- dmano - 07-10-2008

Tony356993 wrote:
Quote:
Quote:Before going down check with the track too see if they will be finished paving. As of today they are behind schedule. We have an SVRA race 2 weeks before and may have to cancel or move to the smaller track
I'm sure there is a little more incentive to have the track ready for Grand-Am then there is to have it ready for SVRA. It will be ready.

Hmmmm lets see Grand Am, hardly any spectators go to watch. SVRA, millions of dollars worth of original vintage race cars, lots of spectators = ? The racing is much better to watch at a vintage event. When was the last time you saw a 904, 906, 907, 908, 910, and 917 racing on a track? Or an XK150, T120 Lola, B19 Chevron at real race speeds. a lot more to see my friend.

Oops I forgot the TV people will be there. Thats the incentive. Not the race. Kind of like Nascar the same cars over and over and over all day.

- Phokaioglaukos - 07-10-2008

dmano wrote:
Quote:Before going down check with the track too see if they will be finished paving. As of today they are behind schedule. We have an SVRA race 2 weeks before and may have to cancel or move to the smaller track, the smaller track looks like it won't be too great to use to race on but ok for DE. Not wide enough and not enough places to make a clean pass under race conditions.
Ask me on the 21st. I'm racing on Lightning on the 20th. With the exception of Turns 1 and 5 (see tack map here: http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/showthread.php?t=441145) I think the track will be good. Those turns concern me, but the pavement (with no rubber on it) is grippy EVERYWHERE now. It won't ever be better.

- Tony356993 - 07-10-2008

Quote:When was the last time you saw a  904, 906, 907, 908, 910, and 917  racing on a track? Or an XK150, T120 Lola, B19 Chevron at real race speeds. a lot more to see my friend.

Oops I forgot the TV people will be there. Thats the incentive. Not the race. Kind of like Nascar the same cars over and over and over all day.

Lighten up, Francis.

- ccm911 - 07-10-2008

Tony, you make me laugh!  Actually, though, I think David has a point regarding the Grand Am Series.  Very few folks seem to be into it.  But then again, I can actually see a guy like yourself one day racing in that series.  I'm not kidding.  You should check into it.

As for SVRA.  That sounds like a lot of fun!

But even though I love cars, watching them race is pretty boring.  Anyone up for checking out a motorcycle race?  I think they may be having some pretty good ones down there.

- Tony356993 - 07-10-2008

I go to the Glen each year for the Zippo Vintage Grand Prix. They have a lot of spectacular cars race there. There is no banging or contesting the corner in the vintage races I have attended but the Grand Am folks look to me as if there is really something at stake in the race. Just MHO. I think there are a few folks on this forum that I could sell some meds to. Wink