Riesentöter Forums
Results for the 7/2 Autox? - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Autocross (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Thread: Results for the 7/2 Autox? (/showthread.php?tid=12)

Pages: 1 2

- Hammerin Hank - 07-19-2006

Just wondering if the results for the 7/2 Autox are going to be posted on the website. Big Grin 

- Brian Minkin - 07-20-2006

I will drop Patrick a quick note as a reminder about this.

- betegh9 - 07-20-2006

The club seems to be laxed about AX and AX events. Not only results are not posted, but the AX program has no rime , reason or direction. If there is NO competition, people are not going to waste their time. We have enough show and tell events and NO real competitiveness in the low budget arena of AX. Just look to our neighbors, NNJR where 120 cars at an event is the norm, not the exception and competition in the classes is measured in thousands/second between winning and 2nd or 3rd place.

- smankow - 07-20-2006

betegh9, at our monthly membership meeting last night, we discussed election of officers.  One of the offices up for vote this year is the position of Autocross Chair.  I think it would be a great opportunity for you to employ was you've learned from other regions to make the RTR autocross program more successful.

To get more information, you can feel free to contact any of the current officers of the club.

Steve

- betegh9 - 07-20-2006

The problem with the RTR club is that people expect the the chair of the different positions to do ALL the work. These are all positions that should be done by comitee, and have the support and input from everyone in the exec. I had the job of AX chair a few years past, and ALL the work involved in securing a successfull event, and season fell on me with 2 to 3 people that helped setting the courses up, registration, inspections, corner workers, etc......
I would be glad to chair AX and bring it back to its top knotch glory days, but if there are not enough interested individuals to sacrifice a bit and COMMIT to a task for the season and promote great competition, I may be blowing into the wind.Wink

- Brian Minkin - 07-20-2006

Nick,

What you say is absolutely the gospel truth.  Ax does require a comittee and the help of members to secure a site and run the event.  While we do get some random help the day of the event it has been very difficult to get members involved. During my years as the AX chair, after we lost our site, many members came foward and said they know some one with an appropriate site or suggested a site but not one member ever followed up or offered the assistance they said they would. The Penn State site was only secured through the efforts of Art Rothe, an exec member. The current site was secured through the efforts of Patrick and I believe he has experienced the same apathy on the part of the membership. So as members who are interested in AX read this thread, please consider joining together to make the AX program work. Autocross does require organization and having it all fall on a single leader makes it difficult to have more then a couple of Ax events a year.

- Hammerin Hank - 07-21-2006

Brian Minkin wrote:
Quote:I will drop Patrick a quick note as a reminder about this.

Thanks.

- Hammerin Hank - 07-21-2006

betegh9 wrote:
Quote:The club seems to be laxed about AX and AX events. Not only results are not posted, but the AX program has no rime , reason or direction. If there is NO competition, people are not going to waste their time. We have enough show and tell events and NO real competitiveness in the low budget arena of AX. Just look to our neighbors, NNJR where 120 cars at an event is the norm, not the exception and competition in the classes is measured in thousands/second between winning and 2nd or 3rd place.

My purpose of creating thread wasn't to show any shortcomings of any of the AX organizers. My purpose was to see the times of the classes and judge how I did from a competitive standpoint. Nothing more, nothing less. I'm not sure I appreciate your attempts at turning my thread into a "bash the management" party. I for one, had a really good time at the last two events. I thought both of them were well organized and had a nice friendly atmosphere toward the competitors. I applaud the efforts of the organizers and anyone else who had a hand in the event's success.

If anyone needs a hand in getting the results posted, I'd be more than happy to help out. Big Grin

- smankow - 07-21-2006

and neither was I, Hank.

My reply was because people tend to be overly critical of how things are run and compare to what may be better rather than being part of the solution.

I helped in the AM because I didn't have time to run that day.  I have also been curious of the results.

Steve

- betegh9 - 07-21-2006

Hank,I am not bashing anyone! I just would like to know what it takes to get JUST 10% of the membership to want to compete in the only MOVING EVENT that is safe and challenging, and at the same time willing to do something FOR the club in return.A well organized AX season requires a dozen dedicated people to run properly where the REAL top drivers are recognized and sent to zone competitions by the club (RTR). If the interest is not there, my, or your efforts would be useless.Can the club do a survey to find if members have a genuine interest in AX with the understanding that WORK (a 4 letter word as other dirty words) is required to participate?Nick