Riesentöter Forums
Pocono double infield course - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Pocono double infield course (/showthread.php?tid=1209)

- Terry - 06-19-2008

Just back from a day instructing with Hooked on Driving (no charge to instructors, hint) on the Pocono double infield course. We should try for this configuration - it is really interesting and it is big, so we could accommodate more drivers. It is both fast and technical. As a bonus to the instructor group, at the end of the day we got to run the entire Pocono tri-oval. That, let me tell you, is really different from anything we have done.

- Mike Andrews - 06-20-2008

Terry,

That's a great idea.  I wonder why none of us ever thought to run that course.:?

Why don't you call Pocono and set it up.   What do you think, the second or third weekend of June for next year.....

- AMoore - 06-20-2008

I would guess that it would cost more to rent the double infield since it occupies more than one track.  This could of course be offset by having more people attend since it is a bigger track.

- Terry - 06-20-2008

Mike, I know that it may have occurred to you before, and maybe there are insuperable reasons which would preclude it,  but I don't know whether it has been looked at recently. We don't need to preempt the Pocono 500 but a weekday might be of interest to our members for something novel.

- delanckc - 06-20-2008

I would definitely be interested in the double track and tri-oval configurations...

- Mike Andrews - 06-20-2008

[b][user=128]AMoore[/user] wrote:
Quote:I would guess that it would cost more to rent the double infield since it occupies more than one track. This could of course be offset by having more people attend since it is a bigger track.
Aaron - Yep, it costs more. Each of the tracks (three of them) brings in rental and you don't get much of a discount renting the whole track. And you are of course correct in that having more people would offset the cost. But we would need almost three times as many at the current cost structure.

[user=96]Terry[/user] wrote:

Quote:Mike, I know that it may have occurred to you before, and maybe there are insuperable reasons which would preclude it, but I don't know whether it has been looked at recently. We don't need to preempt the Pocono 500 but a weekday might be of interest to our members for something novel.
Terry - There aren't any reasons why not to do it, other than getting the track. That's why I wrote the tongue in cheek reply. And we have looked into the midweek event. The last time I checked the only dates they had were within a week or so of one of our other events and the group thought it might be a little tough to have two events so close to each other.[/b]

delanckc wrote:
Quote:I would definitely be interested in the double track and tri-oval configurations...

Three down and 197 more to go Smile

- George3 - 06-21-2008

We should have more mid week events.  Other clubs do it all the time.

- Mark Fox - 06-23-2008

Terry,

I heard there were some interesting and very fast rides at that event.  Sounds like you had a good time.  I know Pete Fitzpatrick and Brian Smith were also there.  

- Terry - 06-23-2008

Both Pete and Brian were there. Brian was his usual rocketship until he retired the car with a bad wheel bearing.

- Mark Fox - 06-24-2008

Big Grin Yes I always liked the Bat car.  One of the neatest cars I have seen in a long time was at WGI this past weekend, assuming you like the IMSA stuff of the late 70's early 80's.  A guy from Canada had a bright yellow 935 body, with a 3.8 twin turbo (500++ hp) in a 2000 lb package.  One rear tire was wider than both of mine together.  Extremely........Fast!   I may have a blur of it on video to post.