Riesentöter Forums
DE Checklist - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: DE Checklist (/showthread.php?tid=1216)

Pages: 1 2

- cjbcpa - 07-11-2008

I will be attending my first DE at Watkins Glen a a couple weeks. Do any of you have recommendations on what a first timer should pack? I attended the Snidely event last year and was certainly taken with how helpful everyone was. However, I'd like avoid imposing on the kindness of others if I can.

I'll be driving up, so everything must fit in the car. I found the attached list. Any other recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

Chris

- Phokaioglaukos - 07-11-2008

I've attached my list. I do not have a trailer, so all this fits in the car.

See you at the Glen!

- George3 - 07-11-2008

That's an excellent and comprehensive list Chris. 

Unless I missed it, when I used to drive my car to the events, I bought a Rubbermaid container with a lid that fit perfectly into my front trunk.  This allows storage of items while you're on the track, and it won't blow away in the wind or get wet if it rains.  A blue plastic tarp is also handy.

- Bill Lehman - 07-11-2008

For some reason I can't post my checklist which is a Word file.  It can be found as a file at the Cayman Club site.  It is similar to the two already posted here but you might want to take a look. 

- Phokaioglaukos - 07-12-2008

This web site does not allow doc files to be posted. I had to convert mine into a pdf.

I also have two plastic containers that when nested fit into the trunk of the car. Helps keep things dry when it rains.

- Tony356993 - 07-12-2008

Nice lists.

Boy I miss the days of throwing some stuff in the Boxster and heading off to the track. It's a real project now - but necessary.

- geza - 07-13-2008

All the lists are very thorough. Since this is your first time, the most important thing is to bring your enthusiasm. Since we are talking about a trunk’s worth of stuff, Take the lists offered and pair them down to what is most important to you and fits in your car. Here is my short list:

You stuff- Both long sleeve shirts and long pants. Clothing for off track, cool weather and rain. Toiletries as needed. Sun block. Sun glasses. Rain gear. Money to buy what you forgot.

Track stuff- License, chair, tarps and plastic containers as recommended to fit in your trunk. Large garbage bags (handy for clean up and rain protection).

Car stuff- Motor oil. Brake cleaner. Detailer. Window cleaner. Rain-X. Blue mechanic’s paper towels. Chamois. Good racing tire gauge with bleeder valve. Numbers for sides, front and rear. Blue painters tape to protect your headlights. Torque wrench.

- jmr3 - 07-13-2008

Duck boots or other waterproof footware. 

- Brian Minkin - 07-13-2008

geza wrote:
Quote:Car stuff- Motor oil. Brake cleaner. Detailer. Window cleaner. Rain-X. Blue mechanic’s paper towels. Chamois. Good racing tire gauge with bleeder valve. Numbers for sides, front and rear. Blue painters tape to protect your headlights. Torque wrench.
Must include an extra set of Brake Pads in the car stuff.

- Tony356993 - 07-13-2008

Quote:Must include an extra set of Brake Pads in the car stuff.
Excellent point Brian. I have had 2 students this year that have not completed one track day since their pads were shot and they did not bring an extra set.

You have hotel, registration, fuel, tolls, food, etc and you do not bring an extra set of at least front pads.