Riesentöter Forums
New Jersey Motorsports Park – Thunderbolt Raceway - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: New Jersey Motorsports Park – Thunderbolt Raceway (/showthread.php?tid=124)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

- Phokaioglaukos - 11-02-2006

ccm911 wrote:
Quote:
Quote:No Steve, In this case, Wayne is right on the money. Who are you to attend a planning meeting outside of your own town? And if Millville is "needy", I am sure that a bunch of Porsches showing up would really do a lot to break the ice. Now, Nick H. lives down there and has invested in the area. Therefore, he should attend. But don't you think it is a bit mch for the out of towners to weigh in? CCM

As far as I know, these meeting are open to the public, including residents, non-residents, developers who are non-residents, environmentalists who are non-residents and the like. I wish I could attend. If I could, it would be for the purpose of demonstrating by my presence (I doubt there is any chance of speaking) support for the development. The commissioners will make of that such as they will. It is very possible that seeing such a number of people supporting the development and attending the meeting would encourage the commissioners to believe that the development would actually bring the promised economic impovements to the area. It would also be a chance for me to hear what is happening first hand, and perhaps meet the developers.

None of us is talking about going there to vote, or to pretend to be voters in the city.

- Brian Minkin - 11-02-2006

Big Grin  Well stated Chris. Cool

- Wellardmac - 11-02-2006

Thanks for the support.

I know that regardless of the issue and where I stand on it, I generally frown upon outsiders voicing their opinion when they're not invested and it's really not their place to do so.

I'm one of those idealists that thinks that the right thing will mostly happen if a voting constituency wishes for it. I'm not a big fan of interventionism in any form. The people of Millville are all grown up and if they're capable of voting, then they're capable up making up their mind what they want and making sure that it happens.

I don't mean to be mean here, but to say that they're 'needy' and need outside help is a little condescending. The image about a bunch of Porsches showing up is right on the mark. I know how I'd feel in their shoes.

- Phokaioglaukos - 11-02-2006

Update on the Thunderbolt web site is here:http://www.njmotorsportspark.com/html/whats_new.html

Included in the update is this:

The City of Millville has scheduled the Municipal Development Agreement that details the timing, party responsibilities and business terms NJMP to be heard at the City Commissioner’s meeting on November 6th. That public meeting, set for 5:00 p.m., is the final approval that we need from the City to proceed with the development of Phase I.

- ccm911 - 11-02-2006

wellardmac wrote:
Quote:Thanks for the support.

I know that regardless of the issue and where I stand on it, I generally frown upon outsiders voicing their opinion when they're not invested and it's really not their place to do so.

I'm one of those idealists that thinks that the right thing will mostly happen if a voting constituency wishes for it. I'm not a big fan of interventionism in any form. The people of Millville are all grown up and if they're capable of voting, then they're capable up making up their mind what they want and making sure that it happens.

I don't mean to be mean here, but to say that they're 'needy' and need outside help is a little condescending. The image about a bunch of Porsches showing up is right on the mark. I know how I'd feel in their shoes.

Wayne, you impress me.

I too am one of those "idealists". Just make sure you vote on Tuesday. Brian, you too. At this point there is no "Republican Right" or "Democrat Left".

Why dont you all you come and join in on November 7th and celebrate the greatness of America. As in "we get to vote and not get shot at, stabbed....."(you get the picture).

- smankow - 11-03-2006

ccm911 wrote:
Quote:
Quote:No Steve, In this case, Wayne is right on the money. Who are you to attend a planning meeting outside of your own town? And if Millville is "needy", I am sure that a bunch of Porsches showing up would really do a lot to break the ice. Now, Nick H. lives down there and has invested in the area. Therefore, he should attend. But don't you think it is a bit mch for the out of towners to weigh in? CCM

Chris, I wholeheartedly disagree with you. My attendance at a meeting in support of a project is warranted, in my opinion, and perfectly within my rights to do so.

"Who am I to attend a planning meeting outside of my town" - someone who is willing to go there and spend money. Maybe the question should be who are the people that are again trying to hinder a project for some half-baked cause (such as a school project).

I'm not planning on doing more than show support for the town and the project as well as get a first hand update on the project. How is this wrong? Have you ever gone to any planning meetings, town meetings, etc? Was it in a town that you lived in or simply had an interest in? Attendance is support or against a project helps the "powers" to see more of a big-picture. Many of the attendees don't necessarily have a direct impact but want to know what's happening.

Further, I'm sure that you are aware that several of our members have paid money to be a part of this project. From a DE standpoint (and one that you've been away from for a few years) this has an impact on our Club. We are looking to have both DE's and a club race there. I'd like to know sooner rather than later if it is feasible.

So Chris, after a bit of rambling on my part, I have every right to attend this meeting if I want to. It's not a closed meeting. Maybe if you were DE'ing again you'd have interest in this project, too.

Steve

- smankow - 11-03-2006

ccm911 wrote:
Quote:I too am one of those "idealists". Just make sure you vote on Tuesday. Brian, you too. At this point there is no "Republican Right" or "Democrat Left".

Why dont you all you come and join in on November 7th and celebrate the greatness of America. As in "we get to vote and not get shot at, stabbed....."(you get the picture).

Chris, what does voting on Tuesday have to do with attending a meeting in Millville? And now calling people out to vote? Were you at the RTR election meeting last week to express your voting right on our Club? I wonder if Wayne's thinking would change if they were going to build an AX park.

As for Millville being a "needy" area, they are part of an economic development zone within the state of NJ. That area has a 50% reduction in state sales tax to attempt to promote their economy.

Frankly, having people show up in Porsches (I'm not driving mine down), track cars, etc. could have a very positive impact on the committees showing them that we will drive to their community and spend money. Sure, we are selfish in our reasoning but that's the way of the world. If you owned that land, wouldn't you want to know that there was definite interest in your project? Wouldn't you like to see that your project can provide a major source of income to those in the town that need work? You call yourself an "idealist" well here's a chance to show it. Your ideals shouldn't only serve your very immediate area. This is an opportunity to support a project that could potentially turn this community around - not that's an ideal that I can live with.

Steve

- Mike Andrews - 11-03-2006

WOW, discussing politics.....  Who would have guessed Confusedhock:

- ccm911 - 11-03-2006

Mike:

A strange world indeed.  I am actually totally for the idea of a track in Jersey.  It would most likely stimulate the economy a bit, as well as giving me an opportunity to take out the old Targa for a beating closer to home.  I just hope it is out in the country so we could avoid all the noise issues like they have at Summit and Lime Rock.

Should we put in our reservations for Nick's house yet?

Chris

By the way, Mike, What do you think of NPR? Big Grin

- Mike Andrews - 11-03-2006

ccm911 wrote:
Quote:Mike:

A strange world indeed. I am actually totally for the idea of a track in Jersey. It would most likely stimulate the economy a bit, as well as giving me an opportunity to take out the old Targa for a beating closer to home. I just hope it is out in the country so we could avoid all the noise issues like they have at Summit and Lime Rock.

Should we put in our reservations for Nick's house yet?

Chris

By the way, Mike, What do you think of NPR? Big Grin
NPR - Non Profit Racing????
No Petting Relatives?
Next Please Retard?
Not Porsche Realted????

Am I getting close????

If you are talking about radio...... I think it's great, for the rest of the world.