Riesentöter Forums
Hyperfest 2008 at Summit Point -- a quick ReidSpeed vid clip - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Hyperfest 2008 at Summit Point -- a quick ReidSpeed vid clip (/showthread.php?tid=1241)

Pages: 1 2

- fasthonda - 06-24-2008

hi guys!

the Probenstien has the BIGGEST heart of any car i own!  it held itself together the entire weekend, and i was FLOGGING THE STUFFING  out of it!!!!!!!!

two of the fast guys in PTE, driving SE-Rs, blew their motors bigtime.  it was super super hot out there (i was praying for rain, cause i would have dominated in the rain!  Smile  ), but it was hot and sunny both days.  the track was totally falling apart -- pieces of it were ripping up and flying out, hitting your wheel-wells and other cars following behind you.  T1, T5, T6, and T10 were going quick......

here is the incar from a competitor's car in PTE (steve harper):

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7925699289395287215&hl=en

note that there is a guest appearance by darren mingis!  Smile

i was absolutely flat out, asking everything of the Probenstien;  and it gave it to me!  this battle was for 3rd position in PTE.

enjoy!

todd

PS  i am trying to post my incar vids, but am having a little problem with google video;  it keeps failing to upload.  i'll try again tonight!

- George3 - 06-24-2008

Some good driving with the Probenstein, there, Todd !

Lots of action.  Congrats on 3rd place finish.

- catchacab - 06-24-2008

fasthonda wrote:
Quote:, but it was hot and sunny both days. the track was totally falling apart -- pieces of it were ripping up and flying out, hitting your wheel-wells and other cars following behind you. T1, T5, T6, and T10 were going quick......

I think it is time to take summit off of the calander.

- Darren - 06-24-2008

Thanks for posting the video Todd Smile  It was a fantastic weekend...my new motor and trans held up quite nicely and my car is working great.

I wish I qualified as well as I start...I like being on the outside of T1 at VIR and Summit...esp Summit with the rumble strips on-line now.

I thought I was doing relatively well blocking Harper.  Through T10 I was about 1.5 car widths off the outside, I was worried about him going inside, but instead he goes exactly on-line and passes me on the exit.  I guess I should have went inside and out-braked him into T1....but at the time I thought it was best to let it go.  In retrospect, I should realize he isn't going to dive bomb me because of how he drives.

Harper ended up passing that yellow Civic and then I immediately did so also.  I ended up trading back and forth with that car though (out of class) and couldn't get back up.  Things got more complicated as I was trying to stay out of the H5 race, the H1 race, and the leaders in Spec Miata.

I'm interested to see the lap times of that Sunday race.  I was in the low 1:30's all weekend, but I want to see if I broke into 1:29 in that Sunday race.

Great example video of the racing we do!!!

- Darren - 06-24-2008

Also, watching you in the same turn, T1 defending against Harper, you just taught me something....thanks for that Smile

- michael lang - 06-24-2008

todd, thanks for putting up the video. this past winter I studied your videos alot, this is another one that I will refer to before going out to Summit. you really do get alot out that old car.

- fasthonda - 06-25-2008

hey, you are welcome, michael!!!

i am still working on putting up my personal in-car vids from both days;  i am having some kind of problem with video.google.com;  it only puts up the first 2 secs of the vids!  i am trying again, right now.....

darren -- i picked up a copy of the provisional results for sunday's races before i left.  here is PTE:

P1 = Eric Rosen (SE-R)                             fast lap = 1:30.056

P2 = Robert Allen (BMW Spec E30)          fast lap = 1:29.674

P3 = Todd Reid (Probenstien)                  fast lap = 1:30.482

P4 = Steve Harper (SE-R)                         fast lap = 1:30.636

P5 = Darren Mingis (Integra LS)               fast lap = 1:30.834

the other guys were DNS in PTE due to blown motors

the track was SLOW;  especially felt slow to me, with the 8 weekend old tires on the Probenstien!  no grip anywhere.....

i hope to have my incar up soon!

todd

- Darren - 06-25-2008

Thanks...not what I had expected.  I think the grip was a problem for everyone, I know I was getting a lot more oversteer than normal on the fast turns.

BTW -- the e30 was illegal (didn't take LSD points and driving on R888's instead of RA1's) so you were really second. 

- AMoore - 06-25-2008

Aren't the RA 1's stickier than the R888s. 

- fasthonda - 06-25-2008

AMoore wrote:
Quote:Aren't the RA 1's stickier than the R888s.

in NASA PTx classing, RA1s are worth +5 points; 888s are worth +7 points, and Hoosiers/Hankook Z214s/Kumho 710s are worth +10 pts. (street tires with treadwear of 140 or more are worth 0 points).

those are the rules.

todd

PS i don't know about which one is stickier; it definitely seems like the RA1s last longer than the 888s.