Riesentöter Forums
Watkins Glen July 28th-30th - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Watkins Glen July 28th-30th (/showthread.php?tid=13)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Brian Minkin - 07-20-2006

Please be aware that the snack bar at the glen will not be open during our event there July 28th-30th.  You will either need to bring lunch with you or go into town during the lunch hour.

- smankow - 07-24-2006

since the concessions will not be open, is anyone interested in having a breakfast one of the day or so to benefit Make-A-Wish?  Let me know

Steve

- Mike Andrews - 07-24-2006

Steve,

The contract with the Glen prohibits us from doing that :-(

Mike

- smankow - 07-24-2006

better to know now than later.   Sad

just trying to raise a few extra $$ for MAW.

- smankow - 07-24-2006

any idea on when the run groups and schedules will be released???

Just curious

- Phokaioglaukos - 07-24-2006

Very glad to see a Riesentöter forum. This should be a more efficient way to exchange information about our events than Rennlist can be, especially as word of this forum becomes more widely known.

The weather forecast for the Glen, as much as that means, is improving with ever less rain forecast. Vince and I were there in the pouring rain on the 12th, and that was NO fun. I went out on RA1s but it was pointless. Once the rain diminished, though, the adhesion on the asphalt was very good very quickly--MUCH more quickly than the cement. Keep two wheels on the asphalt in the wet as best you can. And bring Rain-X.  The better prepared we all are for rain the less likely it will rain, I believe. Wink

For those many of you driving up the NE extension and across on 81 and 17, pay particular attention to the stretch of 17 around Johnson City where the speed limit drops to 55 mph. That spot can attract law enforcement with laser speed detection just as you crest a rise. Don't ask me how I know.

- Mike Andrews - 07-24-2006

smankow wrote:
Quote:any idea on when the run groups and schedules will be released???

Just curious

Steve,

Let's try this:

- Phokaioglaukos - 07-24-2006

Mike Andrews wrote:
Quote:Let's try this:
Works for me. Thanks, Mike! Big Grin

- smankow - 07-24-2006

thanks, Mike

- Tony356993 - 07-24-2006

Quote:That spot can attract law enforcement with laser speed detection just as you crest a rise. Don't ask me how I know.
Chris,

The problem is the multiple iluminated large "slow down now" signs. They tend to temporarily burn the retina that inhibits our eyes from focusing on the speedo. Cool You better watch Larry's Glen video again so you can get prepped for your coaching. Big Grin

I'm looking forward to a great event.

Marty - I think I'm leaving about 2ish to head north. I'll see you up there.

Mike - the zip worked for me also.

Tony