Riesentöter Forums
NNJR SCCA at Englishtown 8/9 - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Autocross (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Thread: NNJR SCCA at Englishtown 8/9 (/showthread.php?tid=1307)

- jmazz - 08-11-2008

I went to Englishtown this past weekend.  Since the Roadshow will be going there on 10/25 I thought I would give you guys a little report.  They have a very well run event.  Perry set up an excellent course but he threw in a couple of elements that cost significant time if you didn't run them right.  I didn't get them right until he showed me how to do it.  The next time around I shaved off a full second.

The thing I liked most about their event was that you don't have to work twice.  They have enough people that you get a break during one of the sessions so you can just have lunch and watch others run.  Even with that I still got 8 runs.

The worst part had to be their lot.  It's a good size but the surface is bordering on gravel.  I'm sure the WRX drivers love it but it was a little too loose for me.  You can see the surface in the attached pic.  Unfortunately one guy told me that if they ever resurface the lot they are required to put in a lot of curbing which would ruin it for autocross.

Of course I still had a lot of fun and hopefully it gave me a little advantage over the rest of you for October. Big Grin

Jeremy

- Vytenis - 08-11-2008

Jeremy,

Since you've already run the Englishtown course, we're gonna have to increase your PPF for that event in Oct.  Wink

"V"

- betegh9 - 08-11-2008

jmazz wrote:
Quote:I went to Englishtown this past weekend. Since the Roadshow will be going there on 10/25 I thought I would give you guys a little report. They have a very well run event. Perry set up an excellent course but he threw in a couple of elements that cost significant time if you didn't run them right. I didn't get them right until he showed me how to do it. The next time around I shaved off a full second.

The thing I liked most about their event was that you don't have to work twice. They have enough people that you get a break during one of the sessions so you can just have lunch and watch others run. Even with that I still got 8 runs.

The worst part had to be their lot. It's a good size but the surface is bordering on gravel. I'm sure the WRX drivers love it but it was a little too loose for me. You can see the surface in the attached pic. Unfortunately one guy told me that if they ever resurface the lot they are required to put in a lot of curbing which would ruin it for autocross.

Of course I still had a lot of fun and hopefully it gave me a little advantage over the rest of you for October. Big Grin

Jeremy

I was there on the 2nd of August......... Had only 11 runs, no thanks to a mid-day rain storm. We got 6 runs in the dry in the AM, which counted as complete AX. then we had 5 runs in the PM in the wet but not raining. 2 complete AX events in 1 day........ how much better can it get?
Yes, the lot is gravely, but if you allow others to drive before you, they will clean the loose stuff before you. !Confusedhock:Confusedhock:Tongue:dude:

Jeremy! You got to get to some NNJR-PCA events

- jmazz - 08-11-2008

11 runs does sound nice.  I'm hoping to do a lot more events next year.  I'm sure I'll work some of theirs in.  Unfortunately, with vacations and the RTR Roadshow already on my calendar I don't have much room for any others this season.

- betegh9 - 08-12-2008

jmazz wrote:
Quote:11 runs does sound nice. I'm hoping to do a lot more events next year. I'm sure I'll work some of theirs in. Unfortunately, with vacations and the RTR Roadshow already on my calendar I don't have much room for any others this season.

Sometimes it pays to be SINGLE.TongueTongueCool:dude::dude: