Riesentöter Forums
Are we ever satisfied? - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Thread: Are we ever satisfied? (/showthread.php?tid=1320)

- nplenzick - 11-05-2008

For those of us who are classified as baby boomers it's been one hell of a ride. I remember JFK getting elected, getting assassinated, the Cuban missile crises, protesting the Vietnam War, race riots in the streets, the hope that RFK gave me as a young teenager and the sadness of he's assassination along with Martin Luther King, the proudness I felt when I watched a US astronaut walk on the moon and when the  Berlin wall fell,  the sadness and rage I felt when the towers fell.  Obama's win last night is another chapter in that book.

Who couldn't be prouder to be an American at this time in our history? Even those who didn't vote for Obama. Could you not be proud that a person that came from such humble beginnings became president of the greatest country on earth? What better lesson can there be for your sons and daughters then this.

As I stayed up late last night to see and hear Obama's moving acceptance speech  I found myself wondering how great this is at the same time wondering how the hell are we going to accomplish all these things. The only thing he really needs to do for me is to once and for all put us on the road to energy independence. I would just love to see the middle east drown in their own oil. If he did just that, four years from now he'll win by epic proportions. However even if he accomplishes that would I really  be satisfied?  Probably not.

When my wife Marie went to work today she asked me how I felt since she went to bed before the election results ( gets up a few hours before the crack of dawn for work)  and she knew first hand what this election meant to me. I said "I felt good", her reply "that's it?" "What do you want me to do back flips?" I could see the puzzlement on her face as she left for work thinking is this guy ever satisfied?

I haven't  raced for some years now but once your a racer your always a racer and as a racer your never satisfied. You never have the perfect car or motorcycle, you never do the perfect lap, you can win a race and after that short burst of joy your wondering how I'm going to win the next one. The strive for perfection that will never come but you always try to achieve.

I think we as Americans are just like racers, we solve a problem and just go on to the next never really basking that long in the success but always looking for new challenges. Maybe that's what makes this country what it is? Maybe that's what makes us so different then the rest of the world.

There are great things that are about to happen in this country. This economy will boom like never before. It won't happen overnight but it'll be faster then the pundits are predicting. We're back on track, this is only but one more chapter in the baby boomers book and it's certainly won't be the last!     

- dmano - 11-05-2008

Well the sun has risen and we have a new president. I hope to God he will/can do what he proposes for our country.

I totally agree with what you said in your post. Which is not too often. Smile

We need to get this country back on track. I believe it will take us to become energy independent for this to happen. Because of this plan I have left my job with Volvo and started an energy company. Myself and my 3 partners believe we need to do this for the future of America. We will be installing Solar PV, Solar hot water and Geo-Thermal energy systems in homes and businesses in Eastern Pa, NJ and DE. With the energy bailout from the Government and the States now is the time for this to happen. I will keep you all informed as to the tax credits and carbon credits when they become available and how to us them to lower your energy costs.

David A. Mano
Solar PV, Geo- Thermal and Solar Hot Water Systems
Bringing Renewable Energy
To Your Future

- AMoore - 11-05-2008

Nick,

I need not supplement such fine prose!Smile

- AMoore - 11-05-2008

dmano wrote:
Quote:Well the sun has risen and we have a new president. I hope to God he will/can do what he proposes for our country.

We need to get this country back on track. I believe it will take us to become energy independent for this to happen. Because of this plan I have left my job with Volvo and started an energy company. Myself and my 3 partners believe we need to do this for the future of America. We will be installing Solar PV, Solar hot water and Geo-Thermal energy systems in homes and businesses in Eastern Pa, NJ and DE. With the energy bailout from the Government and the States now is the time for this to happen. I will keep you all informed as to the tax credits and carbon credits when they become available and how to us them to lower your energy costs.

David A. Mano
Intelligent Energy

To Your Future
david@intelligentenergyllc.com

David,

Are you a past Volvo mechanic. If so, are you still a mechanic? I have some suspension issues with my 2001 C70 if you are interested.

- nplenzick - 11-05-2008

dmano wrote:
Quote:Well the sun has risen and we have a new president. I hope to God he will/can do what he proposes for our country.

We need to get this country back on track. I believe it will take us to become energy independent for this to happen. Because of this plan I have left my job with Volvo and started an energy company. Myself and my 3 partners believe we need to do this for the future of America. We will be installing Solar PV, Solar hot water and Geo-Thermal energy systems in homes and businesses in Eastern Pa, NJ and DE. With the energy bailout from the Government and the States now is the time for this to happen. I will keep you all informed as to the tax credits and carbon credits when they become available and how to us them to lower your energy costs.

David A. Mano
Intelligent Energy

To Your Future
david@intelligentenergyllc.com
We are both racers and Americans. I couldn't think of a better time for you and your partners to start a new business and in particular this one. It takes balls to leave a secure position. As I pointed out in an earlier post living on the edge isn't easy, failure is always at our doorstep, but we're racers, we're use to this, we're always chasing that win, that perfect lap. For me it's what keeps life interesting, it's what makes life worth living. Good luck in your endeavor and keep those of us informed on how it is going.