Riesentöter Forums
Election Discussions with Graham Knight - Candidate for RTR President - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Membership Meetings (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Election Discussions with Graham Knight - Candidate for RTR President (/showthread.php?tid=1331)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- Wellardmac - 08-21-2008

Graham wrote:
Quote:Hello RTR members!

Just wanted to say, I am standing for President in '09. Love this club, love the people.

Hope I can count on your vote.

-Graham Knight (Current Vice Prez)

"There is no substitute..." Cool

- Wellardmac - 08-21-2008

Graham,
Welcome to Candidate's Corner and thanks for participating!

Call me Tim Russert and we'll begin the questioning. Smile

The members would appreciate it if you could outline the following:
i) Why they should vote for you over other candidates?
ii) Why you think that you're qualified to be president?
iii) What do you believe are your major contributions to the club to date?
iv) What would you hope to achieve as President? i.e. what would you do differently and why?

Other forum members should feel free to pose more questions.

- catchacab - 08-21-2008

Graham,

Obama

Or

McCain

- Graham - 08-22-2008

catchacab wrote:
Quote:Graham,

Obama

Or

McCain
Nader? Let's not forget about him... Wink

- catchacab - 08-22-2008

G

More RTR days at

Summit Point

or

Watkins Glen

and why

E

- Wellardmac - 08-22-2008

Let's keep this on topic.

Please keep the discussion related to the RTR election. OT questions will be deleted.

- Graham - 08-24-2008

catchacab wrote:
Quote:G

More RTR days at

Summit Point

or

Watkins Glen

and why

E

All kidding aside, I hope the moderator doesn't take any questions as inappropriate b/c as members, everyone should have a voice.

The question of tracks is a very good one Eric and it should be discussed. The way the club is set up is that the Track chair with help from the Speed council make the schedule for coming year. That said, the President has little input to that process at this time.

As President, I would request to be an integral part of that selection process. Mike Andrews and Tom Zaffarano have done a super job planning, selecting and booking tracks thus far. However, with Thunderbolt and Lightening on our doorstep, does it make more sense to book there vs. say Summit, Shanendaoh, Jefferson, Pocono? You must also take cost into consideration as we can't have our DE events losing money each time o/w there won't be money for picnics, meetings, Holiday parties and so forth.

Good question Eric. As President, I will ask again to be part of the track selection committee next year to understand and contribute to the track selections in '09.

Graham Knight

- Wellardmac - 08-24-2008

Graham wrote:
Quote:All kidding aside, I hope the moderator doesn't take any questions as inappropriate b/c as members, everyone should have a voice.

All questions will be heard. The original question (before editing) was not on topic and I simply asked everyone to keep it on topic.

Now, getting back on topic...

As a member of the club I want to be sure that the club is in the hands of a capable President. Other than Graham loving the people and the club, what is his reason for thinking that he is qualified to be President and why should people vote for him?

- catchacab - 08-24-2008

Are you in favor of investigating the possibility of our region hosting a club race?  Why or why not?

- catchacab - 08-24-2008

Graham wrote:
Quote:catchacab wrote:
Quote:Graham,

Obama

Or

McCain
Nader? Let's not forget about him... Wink

I heard that same response from a cat. You are on HardBALL now!

If Nader wins we will be bicycling around the track.