Riesentöter Forums
Looking for a trusted body shop - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Tech (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Forum: Ask the Tech Chair (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Thread: Looking for a trusted body shop (/showthread.php?tid=139)

Pages: 1 2

- Wellardmac - 10-29-2006

Following up on my other thread about having an aero kit installed, does anyone have any recommendations for a trusted body shop that will do a good paint job and a flawless install of the aero kit?

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

- smankow - 10-29-2006

how about Unique Auto in NY.  They have an entertaining program on Speed TV.  Wink

Well, I'm hoping for a local recommendation. Smile

- Tony356993 - 10-29-2006

Brandywine Coachworks in West Chester

- smankow - 10-29-2006

obviously, you've never watched Unique Whips on Speed.  They "modify" very high end cars and deal with many celebs.

did you decide to go with the Misha Wing?!?

Steve

- smankow - 10-29-2006

Tony356993 wrote:
Quote:Brandywine Coachworks in West Chester

good call, Tony. I forgot about them. They do very good work.

Steve

Tony356993 wrote:
Quote:Brandywine Coachworks in West Chester

Thanks Tony, I'll check them out.

Other recommendations would also be good, as I like to talk to aat least three places. Steve, did you say that you had a place you could recommend?

I'm hoping that Holberts will do a decent job. I'm going to talk to them this week. With them it all depends upon their current view on not installing the rear wing with the aero kit.

smankow wrote:
Quote:obviously, you've never watched Unique Whips on Speed. They "modify" very high end cars and deal with many celebs.

did you decide to go with the Misha Wing?!?

Steve

Unique Whips, no, I don't watch much tv.

No, I'm going to stick with the mechanical wing. I really like it and see no need to change. The change in downforce on the front bumper is negligable and I'm told that even PCNA is now admitting as much.

I'm loathed to change from something I like so much and to be honest is one of the most cool features on the car. But... if I were ever to get a fixed wing, the Misha would be the one I'd look at. It's a real pity that you cannot install a turbo wing on a regular 996, now that would be good - have the fixed wing component and have the mechanical component also.

- Brian Minkin - 10-29-2006

Classic CoachWorks in Upper Darby is also an excellent high end body shop.

- Larry Herman - 10-29-2006

wellardmac wrote:
Quote:I'm hoping that Holberts will do a decent job. I'm going to talk to them this week. With them it all depends upon their current view on not installing the rear wing with the aero kit.

I think that you will like Holberts. Rich Christine is a really good guy and easy to work with. They did a little work on my RSA this past spring, and I will probably have them repair the left rear wheel arch this winter.